Thread: 1B/DH Chris Carter is a beast!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A's 1B/DH Chris Carter is a beast!

Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player

.337/.435/.576/1.011 line this year in AA after destroying high class A last year. He's got 41 doubles, 2 triples, 24 homers, 101 RBIs, 82 BBs, and 108 runs in 490 ABs/125 games. He has improved the K's, but he could still do better (119 this year in 593 PA vs. 159 in 596 PA last year.)

He just got called up to AAA supposedly. He was part of the Dan Haren trade, which along with SP Brett Anderson is looking mighty fine right now. Carlos Gonzalez was part of that deal, too and he was dealt for Holliday who was flipped for 3B Wallace. That's 3 stud prospects as a result of the Haren deal. OF Aaron Cunningham could be decent as well.

MLB ERA

Re: 1B/DH Chris Carter is a beast!

He's also a Met...next year

MLB ERA

that's a different Chris Carter. this is Vernon Christopher Carter. no mention of the Red Sox so I'm not sure why you thought it was the Chris Carter. hell, you could have even said "hey, it's the guy that did the X-Files!"

seriously, at least roto world is showing him some respect if no one around here will.

Chris Carter

The A's have promoted first base prospect Chris Carter from Double-A Midland to Triple-A Sacramento.

The A's have already said they won't call up Carter when rosters expand, and the same goes for third base prospect Brett Wallace. Of course, it has nothing to do with their numbers. Carter eclipsed 100 RBI Tuesday night, an impressive feat at the Double-A level where they only play 140 games.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    that's a different Chris Carter. this is Vernon Christopher Carter. no mention of the Red Sox so I'm not sure why you thought it was the Chris Carter. hell, you could have even said "hey, it's the guy that did the X-Files!"

seriously, at least roto world is showing him some respect if no one around here will.

Chris Carter
    I actually noticed that after I posted, and I thought I deleted it. Oops. Didn't realize there were 2 minor league Chris Carters....

MLB ERA

I know...I only undeleted it because there were no other comments. I hope that was OK. I guess he just likes to go by Chris instead of Vernon. Vern Carter...I dunno. Either way, he's a stud prospect.

MLB ERA

Alright, no worries. Just making sure everyone knows that I noticed my own mistake...

MLB ERA

He finishes 3rd on the Baseball America prospect hot sheet for 2009.

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Prospect Hot Sheet: Prospect Hot Sheet: Sept. 11

No. 3 CHRIS CARTER, 1B ATHLETICS

Team: Double-A Midland (Texas) / Triple-A Sacramento (Pacific Coast)

Why He's Here: .329/.422/.570 (179-for-544), 28 HR, 43 2B, 2 3B, 115 RBIs, 115 R, 85 BB, 133 SO, 13-for-19 SB

The Scoop: Carter might have had a shot at winning the triple crown in the Texas League if the A's hadn't let him get his feet wet in Triple-A for the last two weeks of the season. Carter wound up finishing second in the TL in average (.337) and home runs (24) and third in RBIs (101). He made the most of his time with the River Cats though, going 3-for-5 in his first Triple-A game and slugging four home runs. Carter worked hard on shortening his swing and using the whole field more, resulting in a 70 point increase in his average from '08 (.259) to '09. He's also been the best power hitter in the A's system, and this was his third consecutive season with at least 25 home runs.
    I can't wait for this guy to arrive. He'll probably get a full try at AAA next season with a September call-up (that would be my plan anyway).

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

All I'll say is that Chris Carter and Brett Anderson better be worth giving up Dan Haren.