Thread: Ed Crosby angry at Billy Beane (even though Bobby Crosby has been terrible)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A's Ed Crosby angry at Billy Beane (even though Bobby Crosby has been terrible)

KRIKORIAN: Father Crosby scorches Beane's handling of son - Press-Telegram

The elder Crosby says there's no chance his son will re-sign with Oakland, and that he hopes he winds up at a place that will give him an opportunity to play full-time at shortstop.

"I know I'm Bobby's father, and I'm biased when it comes to him," concedes Ed Crosby. "But I also know he hasn't been treated properly by Billy Beane. They're supposed to be making a movie about Billy Beane with Brad Pitt starring. What's it going to be, a comedy?"...

To put it mildly, Ed Crosby isn't a passionate advocate of Billyball, which is the A's trademark take-a-pitch, work-the-count approach that has been a hallmark of the organization under Billy Beane.

"The A's take the bats out of their players' hands from the time they're in the minor leagues," he says. "Bobby was taught always to take the first pitch. They take all the aggressiveness out of their players. Look how much better guys like Eric Burns and Nick Swisher and Marco Scutaro have become once they got out of Oakland. ...
    Who is Eric Burns? I like how he fails to mention that the A's put him on waivers and every single team passed on him. Who is going to sign him to be a starting SS? Yeah, he took it like a man and that is commendable, but he didn't do anything on the field to force the A's to play him. Hard to believe that a few years ago Gammons predicted Crosby would win the MVP. Wow.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Ed Crosby angry at Billy Beane (even though Bobby Crosby has been terrible)

Return to A's is not in Crosby's future - San Jose Mercury News

Bobby Crosby states the obvious as well...that he won't be back unless the A's wanted him to be their starting SS, which isn't happening.