Thread: A's vs Rangers

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's A's vs Rangers

5-6-09
    Feldman vs Geise

Feldman's getting this start mainly because Kris Benson is out on a rehab assignment. In his last start, Feldman allowed just three runs in 5 2/3 innings. Geise is making this start mostly because Eveland was demoted to AAA Sac. In his 10 minor league starts last year at Scranton, he was 4-2 with a 2.01 ERA.

5-7-09
    McCarthy vs Cahill

McCarthy pitched ok in his last outing, allowing just three hits in five innings of work. He finished his start by retiring the last 12 batters he faced. Cahill's skipping of a start somehow paid off for him, as he pitched six good innings against the Mariners. He gave up just one run on seven hits, but unfortunately got a ND and remained winless thus far.

So I've been a little sporadic in my game preview things... hopefully they'll pick up in regularity as the season goes on. The Rangers have one of the better offenses in the league, which might prove a bit troublesome, especially to Geise. I'm hoping (praying on my hands and knees might actually be the better term) that we can WIN this series, though odds are we'll be lucky if we get a split.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: A's vs Rangers

Dan Geise starting...really? is this what we've come to? :shakeshead:

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well guess what. We lost. 3-2. What a surprise. Geise didn't pitch all that badly, but Feldman just outpitched him. It didn't help that our offense has been completely dormant for the past, like, month. This has really got to change. I don't think I can take it for very much longer.

MLB ERA

past month? more like the past few years...same story, different year

MLB ERA

wow, the A's won a game yesterday leaving the Nationals as the only team left with single digit wins. Cahill pitched 7 innings with only 1 earned run allowed and no walks. Cust hit a grand slam and Holliday hit a 3-run homer. Let's see if they can win 2 in a row. Somehow, they're only 4 games behind the Mariners for 1st place.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Holliday looks like he's starting to heat up quickly. He'd been homerless for virtually the entire month of April and now he's got 4 in his last 8 games. Good to see.