Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Las Vegas A's? San Jose A's? Athletic A's?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Las Vegas A's? San Jose A's? Athletic A's?

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    There is going to be a new scooer stadium built for the MLS team in San Jose, so I can imagine that there may be some wiggle room there for a mash up or something.
    New Earthquakes Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also of note, Portland got their MLS team, and they are playing in PGE Park, the AAA teams stadium that will get redone, and the baseball team will get a new field to play in,
    the A's owners own the Quakes BTW. They want a separate baseball facility so they wouldn't share with the Quakes, but they'd obviously like to have both near each other. The A's haven't expressed interest in Portland and San Jose is definitely their first choice.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I didn't realize that the Quake, and A's had the same owners. I thought that the soccer team was a consortium ownership group. Thanks for that.

San Jose should be the first choice, if they were to move. I think the city has shown that it can support a team well, just look at the Sharks. Yeah it helps that they are winning so that gets fans out, but there is a great amount of fan support there for the NHL none the less. They brought back the MLS team, and they've done well after the hiatus.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

well, the A's are owned by Wolff and John Fisher with Beane owning a very small %. Wolff owns the Quakes, but I think Beane may have small %, too.

A's owner suggests San Jose is front-runner to land team - San Jose Mercury News

Oakland A's owner Lew Wolff on Thursday gave the clearest signal yet that San Jose would be his preferred choice for the team's next home — and he came closer than ever to ruling out every other rumored suitor.

"From a preparation point of view," he said of San Jose, "they are in as good a position as any city in California."

But he stopped short of endorsing the city outright, noting that San Jose remains firmly in the territorial dominion of the San Francisco Giants. And changing that, Wolff said, is up to Major League Baseball. A decision from the league could come "by the end of the season, maybe sooner. I hope sooner."

The 76-year-old Wolff, who also owns the San Jose Earthquakes, spoke Thursday in a wide-ranging chat with reporters in the penthouse suite atop San Francisco's Fairmont hotel, which he owns.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lew Wolff in the news.
    Dodger Divorce: The song remains the same.
    Tuesday, Buster Olney speculated that Major League Baseball might, in the event Frank indeed moves to sell the Dodgers, effectuate such a sale by essentially trading A’s owner Lew Wolff the Dodgers in exchange for his current club. The A’s, like the Montreal Expos before them, would likely operate under MLB command for a season or more while certain stadium-related issues are resolved and a new long-term owner can be discovered and wooed.
    Needless to say, Wolff quickly shot down the speculation.

Ehh, you can keep him. I don't want Selig to steer the Dodgers to an owner of his choice yet again, especially someone who is his frat buddy.

MLB ERA

I saw Gammons on MLBN recently and he stated that San Jose is all but a done deal and should be finalized by June. I'd prefer San Jose over Vegas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12