View Poll Results: Do you think Street will be traded?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%

Thread: Do you think Street will be traded?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Player Do you think Street will be traded?

There have been numerous rumors since the off-season regarding Street. He hasn't exactly had a great year so far. He started off slow, had a very nice stretch, and now has been stinking up the joint for a while now. His value isn't that high right now despite being one of the few closers "available" at this time. Can he get his value back up at some point? Do you think he'll be traded by tomorrow? What do you think Beane will do?

I don't think he'll be traded due to his value being low, but then again Blanton was traded at a low point. That could be more of an indication that Beane doesn't think Blanton will improve his value and got rid of him anyway. I think Street can increase his value, but we may have to wait until the off-season for that to happen. At least he's still under control and very young. If he does get traded, it better be some decent prospects.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Do you think Street will be traded?

Yeah I don't think he will either. No one is really wanting him at this point.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would have said yes a week or two ago, but his name hasn't hit the rumor mill much these during these last couple of days.

I don't think he's going anywhere. All though I wish he would. I sure hope Beane doesn't plan on Street being the closer when the team is good again which will be next year hopefully. It doesn't really matter since the A's are starting to look like the worst offense in baseball.

MLB ERA

Beane strikes once all is quiet, did anyone see the blanton deal coming? With the injury q's pretty quiet despite the arm slot change Beane should move him now before getting nothing
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

The demand for him is not as high as it was....not very high at all. I don't see him going anywhere now....maybe over the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Beane strikes once all is quiet, did anyone see the blanton deal coming? With the injury q's pretty quiet despite the arm slot change Beane should move him now before getting nothing
    Yea it was pretty easy to see the Blanton trade coming. His performance was terrible and for some reason still had some value. So it was just a matter of time. The Harden trade wasn't surprising either. It's the fact Gaudin was included that surprised me.

Beane really likes Street for some reason so it was always going to take allot of prospects to get him. There isn't a team out there stupid enough to give up anything good for a below average closer.

MLB ERA

I agree. I mean, Street has had success, but you can tell that there is something wrong with him this year. It's both velocity and location. Tough to pitch well if you don't have either of those two things...

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I agree. I mean, Street has had success, but you can tell that there is something wrong with him this year. It's both velocity and location. Tough to pitch well if you don't have either of those two things...
    His velocity has always been down for a closer. His fastball will top out at around 94 with no movement. If you watch closely when he pitches his fast ball is very hittable. Plus his slider flattens out allot and stays high and when it does that it's a homer waiting to happen. I want a closer to top out in the high 90's. If it's in the low to mid 90's it better be a cutter. Thats why I like devine as a closer. He has better stuff. Just depends if he can come back healthy. Casilla looked good early but since coming off the DL he hasn't pitched well.