Thread: Royals @ A's; 3-game set

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's Royals @ A's; 3-game set

7-28-08
    Greinke vs Braden

Greinke, after a great start to the season, has not won in over a month (since June 24). Since then he has three losses and two NDs while posting a 6.67 ERA. Lifetime, he's 1-0 with a 2.83 ERA vs us. Braden will be making his third start this season after spending most of his time as a reliever. He got a win in his last start, allowing only one run on four hits through five innings. He is 0-1 with a 8.44 ERA vs KC lifetime.

7-29-08
    Meche vs Smith

Meche ended up throwing a great game after a rough first inning. He threw 31 pitches in the first inning against the Rays, but emerged unscathed and continued to shutout the Rays for seven innings. This is Meche's first start against the A's this season. Smith retired the first nine Rays in his last start before being bitten by the long-ball bug. He allowed back-to-back homers en route to his ninth loss of the seaon. It's not entirely his fault though - his 3.07 average run support is the lowest in the AL.

7-30-08
    Bannister vs Gallagher

Bannister was hurt my some defensive issues in his last start. He lasted just 5 1/3 innings, while throwing in excess of 100 pitches and allowed three runs (two earned) on seven hits thanks to several defenseive miscues. Gallagher was tagged for five runs (only one earned) in his third start as an Athletic. He struck out five but also walked five in his ND. This is his first career start against KC.

Soooo I was going to say "oh finally! A team who is worse off than us!", but I don't think I can say that anymore, seeing that we're not doing much better than the Royals. I do believe that we are better as a whole than they are, and therefore I believe that we can take this series. I think.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Royals @ A's; 3-game set

Well we just lost game one of this series 4-2. Braden didn't pitch too terribly, but he gave up all four runs on two two-run homers. We could barely get guys on base, and when we did we blew the opportunity and it resulted in a loss.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ugh I was at the game but my legs cramped up really bad. I have to schedule an emergency rehab appointment tomorrow. *sighs*

We're currently down 5-1. Take that back, 5-2. John Buck launched a three-run homer that completely broke the game open. We've got a runner on second right now with two outs and Emil Brown at the plate, so we may have a chance...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I can't believe we lost to the Royals last night and we're losing to them right now. Are you serious guys?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Guess so. Looks like we're going to lose this game. It's still 5-2 heading into the top of the ninth. Smith pitched pretty well, lasted seven innings and allowed those five runs on four hits. The big blow was that homer. And it just goes to prove why Smith has the lowest average run-support in the league.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And I was right. We lost. 5-2. We left six guys on base, and many of those were in prime opportunities with RISP and less than two outs. We've got to atleast salvage tomorrow's game before heading out on the road to Boston, Toronto, and Detroit.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

wow...we're down to .500. I wonder if we'll finish above .500 for the season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Idk, I think we can, it's just a matter of getting our offense to heat up a bit.

MLB ERA

I wouldn't be shocked either way, but the way that the pitching has performed for the first 100 games or so, I would think that the A's SHOULD be able to finish above .500

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well it's official, we were swept by the Royals. We were tied 3-3 going into the 10th, but then my favourite player Huston Street allowed a run and we lost it. Gallagher lasted five innings and allowed all three runs in the ND. And the killer is that we left 15 men on base. 15! wtf is up with that?! I know that our offense is bad but I didn't think it was that bad! This is getting insane. And it's not going to get any easier either. Our first stop on the road is going to be in Boston. Oh joy.

On the bright side, Ziggy added three more innings of scoreless baseball. That kid is amazing, I tell you. Amazing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah and we're now a game under .500, for those who were curious.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Five walks to Gordon!!! Wow! Ziegler is awesome and tough luck today. Street had a scoreless 9th but went an inning too long I guess.