Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Sox, Brewers inquire about Street

MLB ERA

News White Sox, Brewers inquire about Street

The White Sox and Brewers have inquired with the A's about Huston Street, according to SI.com's Jon Heyman.

Milwaukee's interest was known, but the White Sox are already spending quite a bit on setup men in front of Bobby Jenks. It seems unlikely that they'd make a deal unless they're a lot more worried about Jenks than they're letting on.

rotoworld.com credit

Brewers always made sense to me with the mess their closer situation has been all year, but the White Sox is kinda a surprise. But with Kenny Williams and Beane having dealt over the winter, it wouldn't be a complete shock to me to see something get done. What's Street's contract status? I don't suppose he would sign long-term with the White Sox knowing that Bobby Jenks is their closer for now and the future (as long as he doesn't eat himself out of the league), and considering their deep bullpen that also features Scott Linebrink as a setup man?

But I bet trading with the White Sox again is an idea that entertains A's fans, no?

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: White Sox, Brewers inquire about Street

I don't buy the White Sox wanting him since they already have one of the best bullpens in the land. The Brewers just got a reliever from the Giants so they might be more cautious of trading the farm for Street.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I didn't know about the White Sox being interested. The Brewers yes, but the Sox no. And I didn't know that the trade between the Giants and the Brewers was official yet...I must've missed something. Either way, I'm starting to feel that we need to get him off of our hands. He's 17-for-22 in save opportunities, the worst in the majors. He's blown his last two save opportunities (yesterday and the Sunday before the break against the Angels). He's losing trade value with every blown save, so the sooner we trade him, the better.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Brewers/Giants trade isn't official just yet.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Brewers/Giants trade isn't official just yet.
    That's what I thought...wasn't sure though.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The White Sox don't really have any decent specs left. We took 2 of their best in the Swisher deal...of course De Los Santos is out for the year now, but still.

It's about time Beane trades away Street. I haven't like him since day one. The A's have so many other guys who can do just as good as Street. Joey Devine if he's healthy will do much better than Street.

Dodgers have expressed interest in Street as well with Saito out for 6 weeks. They have scouts at in Tampa right now. They Mets had interest too but with Wagner's arm not being a big issue doubtful they will be interested anymore.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cards are interested too.

After the last 2 days the cards need to do something. I don't know what up with Izzy in St Luis but he aint been the good closer that he's been most of his career. Out of all the closers the A's have had since Eck. It's been a revolving door. I liked Izzy the best. He was the one closer I wanted to keep. Something just aint right with him In St. Luis

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

His control and velocity is not there. He is a co-closer right now with Franklin who is also struggling. They need to make a move and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    His control and velocity is not there. He is a co-closer right now with Franklin who is also struggling. They need to make a move and fast.
    His velocity is down. That I didn't know. In my opinion good velocity is important in the closers role. I don't think a closer who doesn't throw hard can be a good closer for the long haul. They might have a couple good season like Foulke did. Foulke had the great changeup that made his fast ball look faster. Thats Streets biggest problem he doesn't throw hard. His fastball is very hittable. Lay off his slider and wait for the fast ball. Seems like every time he comes into pitch he throws a couple of meat pitches right down the heart of the plate. He gets lucky when they don't hit it hard.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, there is not much difference in velocity in Izzy's fastball and breaking ball. Easy to hit much like your old friend Barry Zito.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I read today that the Brewers were loosing some interest in Street. I believe I saw it on mlbrumors.com. And I believe the Reds asked Beane about Street yesterday as well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That site has some of the worst info I have ever seen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast