Thread: Chavez Done At Third

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

A's Chavez Done At Third

Eric Chavez called the labrum in his throwing shoulder "shredded" on Saturday after a poor throwing session.
    Chavez may be done as a third baseman in this league. "My career is definitely at a crossroads," he said. Chavez might be hinting at a possible move to first base, as he said he's refocused his attention on becoming a productive offensive player once again. "The way I feel about my arm, I know the end result already," he said.
    Sucks to hear as he was one of the best third basemen in the league when he was healthy. I have no doubt that he will be a fine first baseman. He's too graceful and skilled not to be.

MLB ERA

Re: Chavez Done At Third

He should be a team player and suck up the pain and continue to play at third!
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Maybe if it were something ridiculously minor like a broken nail or turf toe but this is actually serious. Plus he has already been sucking it up like a real pro or a team player. Like the team player he is, he is staying in there and trying to contribute. Hard fro you to understand I know.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What?! When did this happen? I knew he was considering it but I didn't seriously think he's stop...there's talk of him being moved to first base or being a DH, but we've already got Bankston and Barton (not really) at first and Cust at DH. He's been the cornerstone of this franchise for soooo long. Only Rickey, Big Mac, and Steinbach have played more seasons in an A's uni. Hopefully he can stick around and maybe they'll be a miracle and he'll be all better.