Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White Sox, Brewers inquire about Street

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: White Sox, Brewers inquire about Street

I kinda hope they pass on Street anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah, there is not much difference in velocity in Izzy's fastball and breaking ball. Easy to hit much like your old friend Barry Zito.

I was so happy the A's couldn't afford to keep Zito. The Giants signing Zito had to be one of the worst free agent signings ever. I don't know what the Giants were thinking. With a front office like that they will never win anything.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They were trying to get a new face for the franchise. It just so happened he was done for. It is a horrible signing but the Rowand one seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    I kinda hope they pass on Street anyways.
    If your a Brewers fan it's wise they pass on Street. Out of all the full time closers in baseball Street is the worst one. Who is closing games for the Brewers now? Didn't Gagne lost the closers role a few months back? There has got to be a better option out there than Street. Rumor has it Baltimore's George Sherill is available. From what I saw in the All Star game is would be a much better option.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cards are looking at Sherill this week as they desperately need him. I wouldn't say Street is the worst one. He still has a better ERA and less walks than Wilson across the Bay. Wilson has fared better in save percentage and saves which is what really matters I guess but still would say he's the worst. He's better than Izzy/Franklin and Street has a better ERA than Valverde for Houston. I think Dave Duncan could work with Street and make him better. He's not the worst but he's in the lower half. Wagner and Izzy have more blown saves.

They were trying to get a new face for the franchise. It just so happened he was done for. It is a horrible signing but the Rowand one seems to be working.

It wasn't that hard to figure out he was almost done for. Anybody who watched him pitch his last few years with the A's could figure that out. 180 mill for a 4th or 5th starter at best how stupid can you get.

Yea Rowand is working out well. They over paid for him too though. They are paying a ton of money to guys that give them no production. Sounds like they need a new GM. One who won't throw money around. Atleast they were smart enough to to resign Bonds.

Cards are looking at Sherill this week as they desperately need him. I wouldn't say Street is the worst one. He still has a better ERA and less walks than Wilson across the Bay. Wilson has fared better in save percentage and saves which is what really matters I guess but still would say he's the worst. He's better than Izzy/Franklin and Street has a better ERA than Valverde for Houston. I think Dave Duncan could work with Street and make him better. He's not the worst but he's in the lower half. Wagner and Izzy have more blown saves.
    Saves are the main priority for a closer. Wagner has blown more saves but look how many more save opps he gets. His closing percentage is better than streets. Izzy is not a full time closer. Franklin has a better save percentage and lower ERA than Street. Valverde has a better save percentage. Plus look at his home park. His road ERA is allot better. Yea Wilson has a higher ERA but he must be doing something right with only 2 blown saves.

Looking at the stats Street may not be the worst but he is in the bottom 3. I don't understand why a team would waste prospects for him. Looking at the Stats the Brewers have Torres who is out performing street why would they even think about trading for him. unless they want him as a set up guy.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

you should be glad if a team does waste prospects on him. I like him, but he has been pretty crappy this year overall really. He's still very young and under control so that has got to be worth something to a team.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jfdeuce View Post
    It wasn't that hard to figure out he was almost done for. Anybody who watched him pitch his last few years with the A's could figure that out. 180 mill for a 4th or 5th starter at best how stupid can you get.

Yea Rowand is working out well. They over paid for him too though. They are paying a ton of money to guys that give them no production. Sounds like they need a new GM. One who won't throw money around. Atleast they were smart enough to to resign Bonds.
    They had to overpay Rowand to get him to come to SF. Giants will have to do that for a while since they are in a rebuilding mode and most FA's want to go to a winning situation. Sabean has sucked balls in playing the market the past few years but with Magowan gone now, I see Brian getting back to his winning ways. Molina and Rowand were good signings that are paying off.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jfdeuce View Post
    Saves are the main priority for a closer. Wagner has blown more saves but look how many more save opps he gets. His closing percentage is better than streets. Izzy is not a full time closer. Franklin has a better save percentage and lower ERA than Street. Valverde has a better save percentage. Plus look at his home park. His road ERA is allot better. Yea Wilson has a higher ERA but he must be doing something right with only 2 blown saves.

Looking at the stats Street may not be the worst but he is in the bottom 3. I don't understand why a team would waste prospects for him. Looking at the Stats the Brewers have Torres who is out performing street why would they even think about trading for him. unless they want him as a set up guy.
    I agree 100% about saves being the main thing and that's why I sort of flip flopped in my answer. I would take Street over a few guys right now is my point. I don't find him to be the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    you should be glad if a team does waste prospects on him. I like him, but he has been pretty crappy this year overall really. He's still very young and under control so that has got to be worth something to a team.
    Don't get me wrong I'm a huge A's fan. I would love to see a team give up good spects for Street. all I'm saying is I don't see why a team should. I have disliked Street as soon as they made him a closer. There has been A's players over the years that I have hated. Street is one of them. I would like to see a Healthy Devine in the closers Role. At first I thought Cassilla would be a better fit but since he came off the DL he hasn't pitched well. So we'll see how Devine does when he comes back off the DL.

They had to overpay Rowand to get him to come to SF. Giants will have to do that for a while since they are in a rebuilding mode and most FA's want to go to a winning situation. Sabean has sucked balls in playing the market the past few years but with Magowan gone now, I see Brian getting back to his winning ways. Molina and Rowand were good signings that are paying off.
    Well They need to get rid of some of the high contracts. I realize Zito isn't going anywhere. They are stuck with him. He's bad but not as bad as he's pitched this year. They have a good pitching staff. They need position players around it. First off they need to get rid of Vizquel, Aurillia, and Roberts. With a pay roll around 75 mill they should be a contender much sooner than the A's. The giants have the luxury of going out and spending 10 mill on a player the A's don't.

Molina has been a good. But don't expect him to continue what he did early in the season. He was playing way above what he normally does. Plus don't the Giants have a stud spect catcher in the minors? If so they need to trade Molina and get his salary off the books and spend it wisely.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I do expect Molina to continue hitting because he did last year. Nothing he's doing is saying he will do different. Giants drafted the top player in the draft Buster Posey who is a catcher but he's way off. Giants have another guy in Single A so Molina is staying. Aurilia and Winn might be goners but I think we are stuck with Roberts.

I do expect Molina to continue hitting because he did last year. Nothing he's doing is saying he will do different. Giants drafted the top player in the draft Buster Posey who is a catcher but he's way off. Giants have another guy in Single A so Molina is staying. Aurilia and Winn might be goners but I think we are stuck with Roberts.
    Why are they stuck with Roberts? How much longer is he signed for? Well the Giants had 2 stud hitters in the futures game 3B and 1B. One is at AA and the other is at High A. Plus they had a stud pitcher in the futures game who I think is on the olympic team. The guy in AA should be on the team next year. With the other 2 the year after. Plus Posey has a good shot at being on the team with in 2 years. From the looks of it the farm system is stacked. The Giants have a shot at division next year if they can pick up a bat or two. I just don't get why the Giants suck every year. They might want to think about trading some spects to get some hitters that are ready to contribute right now.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants suck because they do have to overspend to get FAs so instead they get guys like Aurilia and Roberts. Roberts is signed through next year and he is just now coming back from surgery which is why I say we are stuck. Can't trade him now and don't see much interest in him from other teams. Winn is a different story. Sabean needs to be smarter with his money and with Magowan and Bonds gone, I think he will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast