Thread: Angels @ A's; 3-game set

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's Angels @ A's; 3-game set

7-11-08
    Garland vs Gallagher

Garland was in total control of the Blue Jays in his last start. He needed only 98 pitches to throw a complete game, topping off his four-hit performance. He's been doing relatively well since joining the Angels, and it just goes to show what a change of scenery can do for a player. On the green and gold side, newly-acquired Gallagher will be making his A's debut. In his last start with the Cubs, he allowed three runs on four hits in five innings en route to a loss to the Giants.

7-12-08
    Santana vs Eveland

Santana should be very happy to get away from the Ballpark in Arlington (or whatever they call it nowadays). He earned his 10th victory of the season, but he allowed six runs over seven innings. He should be glad to be facing us though, as he is 8-1 lifetime and 3-0 at the Coliseum. In Eveland's last start, he found a way to overcome a rocky first inning to get a 4-3 win. This season, he's allowed nine runs on 11 hits through 11 innings, but hopes to improve upon those numbers.

7-13-08
    Saunders vs Duchscherer

This should be the best game of the series. Two All-Star pitchers going up against eachother. Saunders was able to pitch an eight-inning complete game despite the distraction of his wife's pregnancy, but his effort was wasted as he was given only two runs of support. Duchscherer threw his first ever complete-game shutout just two days after being named to the 2008 All-Star squad. In his only start against LA this season, he surrendered one run on six hits while striking out six to get the win.

All three of these games look very good. I am hoping to be at all of them (seeing as they all have some nice promos ). On the injury front, OF Ryan Sweeney is listed as day-to-day after dislocating his finger(s) while sliding into second on a steal. Rajai Davis looks to be his replacement in the OF.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Angels @ A's; 3-game set

hopefully, we can take at least 2 out of 3.

MLB ERA

A's win 9 - 2. Gallagher got the win in his debut. Hannahan was 3 - 4 with a homer, 2 runs, and 3 RBIs. Murton had 2 RBIs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    hopefully, we can take at least 2 out of 3.
    Definately. Even if we only gain one game, it'll be a good series.

But we won tonite as Prov said. 9-2. It got a little wild there in the middle of the game (reversed calls, HBPs, hard slides, oh my!). Gallagher pitched very well in his A's debut, and Murton was nothing shy of spectacular. Hopefully they can keep this up. It just might turn out to be a fair trade after all.

And the fireworks at the end of the game were almost as good as the game itself.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well we lost tonite's game 4-1. Offense was on short supply, and although Eveland and the rest of the bullpen did their best to keep us in the game, it just wasn't enough. The only RBI came off of Carlos Gonzalez's bat, and that was in the eight inning. We couldn't do anything against Santana. He just shut us down. Now is the time when we get ready to go out for revenge...*cue dramatic music* Mwahahahahahaha!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Gotta tip your hat to Santana. He is really on this year.

MLB ERA

no, I don't have to tip my hat. I'm going to quote Hudler here when the A's win or score off the Angels and say "He got lucky"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Gotta tip your hat to Santana. He is really on this year.
    That's for sure. Definately earned his spot on the All Star roster. Went from 7-14 just a year ago to being 10-3. Impressive.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Game just started, and Duke set down the side in order. I'll be heading out to the ballpark shortly. Gotta find my BART ticket and my flag first.

MLB ERA

well, Street blew the win for Duke and the team...cost us the series, too. A's lost 4 - 3 with Street giving up 2 in the 9th for the loss.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhh! It was looking so promising! Bases loaded, one out, and we couldn't even tied the game. I'm still pretty fumed about it right now. What was up with Street? He just completely lost all his focus and it cost us the game. Man I feel bad for Duke. Six games back. Ouch.