Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 A's Prospects Selected to Futures Game

MLB ERA

Re: 4 A's Prospects Selected to Futures Game

According to one MLB.com article that I will post later, only about 10 players impressed. And apparently Mets prospect Fernando Martinez was the most impressive in BP, and was a solid 1-2 in the game. The A's guys sound to have a good day and a great amount of talent. All the best in their journey to the bigs.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

well, I know he was called up to AA, but is now back in advanced A Stockton. He was getting a little roughed up at AA, but his k's were still there and he wasn't giving up homers...just a little wild and such. I think he's only 20 years old.

They use him as a starter, but I think at this point he projects as a closer. They're using him as a starter to help develop more pitches. I believe he throws fastball, slider, and a change up...the change up being the latest addition and the one he's working on right now. If he can master the change up, then he may stay a starter depending on what happens with all the other SP specs. I'm sure they'd have him try and add a 4th pitch if it ever gets to that point, too.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah I remember that he was a real young guy, and I remember reading about his promotion to AA, but didn't know anything outside of that.

Well he has a blazing fastball, that's for sure. Hopefully the adding of new pitches doesn't mess up his mechanics for his other ones. I say don't mess with success, but these guys know more about what they're doing than I do.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

he's got the fastball and slider for sure, which is why he projects as a closer. he's added the change up and I think one his K's was on a change up, but he's still working on that.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah the breaking pitches are hard to learn. Well best of luck to him in his learning process!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12