Thread: A's vs Marlins; 3-game set

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's A's vs Marlins; 3-game set

6-20-08
    Hendrickson vs Harden

The southpaw Hendrickson is coming off a four-hit performance against the Rays, but his six K's were overshadowed by some untimely walks. He has always been as good as his command, and it showed in his last outing. He doesn't have a good record against Oakland (2-3, 7.45 ERA), but is looking to change that. Harden tossed a one-hit gem against the Giants last Sunday, but his high pitch count (95) forced him out in the sixth inning. He didn't allow a run while walking two and striking out five while he finally got a (winning) decision after three straight NDs.

6-21-08
    Nolasco vs Eveland

Nolasco is coming off a phenomenal 12 strike out game. He threw a career high 132 pitches over 8 2/3 innings against the Rays, and it looks like he is becoming quite a dependable starter. Eveland finally got the start that he was looking for in his last outing. He pitched a solid 6 2/3 innings and allowed just one run on six hits while walking three and striking out five. This will be the first time in his career that he has ever faced the Marlins.

6-22-08
    Miller vs Duchschererer

Miller too is starting to become quite a dependable starter. He pitched his second straight strong seven inning start (try saying that five times fast), and gave up only one run on six hits. Duke is probably out most reliable pitcher, believe it or not. He cruised his way through his last outing, and our offense teed off in a 15-1 crushing of the D-backs. He picked up his seventh win of the season, while pitching eight innings of one-run ball. This will be his first start and appearance ever against the Marlins.

Wow this one is long. As most of you know, the Marlins are an up-and-coming team. They've got some great young hitters, but their pitching is rather shaky. If we can be patient against their starters and keep their offense to a minimum, then I believe we can win this series.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: A's vs Marlins; 3-game set

I think the A's have the advantage here. They are at home the pitching match-ups favor them and like Hot Corner Gurl said if they can hold down the Marlins offense to a minimum they should take this series.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

after blowing the lead a few times, the A's won 7 - 6 in 11 innings. Suzuki was 4 for 5 with 1 runs scored and 5 RBIs. He homered, doubled twice, and singled. Carlos Gonzalez hit his first homer, too.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Huston Street really tried to give this ballgame away.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This game was AMAZING! I almost left in the eigth because I was so tired, but I decided to stay another half inning and I'm so glad that I did. Suzuki had quite a night. Not only did he get it done offensively, but he did a great job behind the plate. There was one time in the eigth where he was nailed by a foul tip and it looked like he wasn't going to stay in the game, but he did and it was for the best. Let's keep the momentum up for tomorrow's game!

Closed
    AAA ERA

catchers are amazing with stuff fouling off them and then they are able to stick it out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eveland's going for us this evening. I'm hoping to be at the game. We'll see how it turns out...

Closed
    AAA ERA

^ say hello to the LF bleacher crew for me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Will do.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    Will do.
    Hope the fans don't disown you because you have a redsox fan as a friend.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Hope the fans don't disown you because you have a redsox fan as a friend.
    Haha no they didn't mind that much...I'm the only A's fan in my family so I'm used to it.

UGH we lost yesterday's game 6-4. We had the makings for a great comeback with Sweeney at the plate, but he hit a liner that Cantu somehow managed to catch and that was the end of the game. And our bullpen lost the game for us again (even though we won yesterday's game, I still say they lost it). They blew the 3-2 lead and it was a lead that the Marlins would never relenquish (sp?). Hopefully we can take the rubber match of this series this afternoon, which features Mr. Vida Blue throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. I'm so there.

MLB ERA

I thought Blue threw out the ceremonial first pitch on Friday?

also, Street is killing me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nope, it's today. Most likely because today is the promo giveaway for a replica Vida Blue jersey.

And Street is killing me too. I don't know if it's a mechanical thing or a mental thing, but something needs to be done.

MLB ERA

hmmm, maybe I misread the news blurb when the series started. I thought it said Friday, but like you said, the site says today.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well we won today's game 7-1 behind a masterful pitching performance by Duke. He must've been trying to make Vida proud, because he won his fourth consecutive start. On the offensive side, we were able to use some situational hitting and take advantage of some key errors made by the Marlins. Up next, the Phillies, with local guys Rollins and Burrell. Should be a great series.