Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A's @ Giants; 3-game set

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's A's @ Giants; 3-game set

6-13-08
    Smith vs Zito

Guess what everyone, it's Friday the 13! And I'll be at the game! Anyways back to baseball. In Smith's last start, he threw what he called an inconsistant start after allowing four earned runs in 6 1/3 innings. In Zito's last start, he got his second win of the season, pitching five innings of three run baseball. He had to work out of quite a few jams, so if the A's can get guys on base, they might have a chance to get a good get this game.

6-14-08
    Harden vs Cain

Harden got his third consecutive ND against the Angels in his last start, pitching six solid innings of baseball, with the highlight being that he struck out the side on nine pitches. Cain said that he felt more confident in his last start, and it showed. He pitched 6 1/3 innings of one run ball, and finally got a win.

6-15-08
    Eveland vs Correia

Eveland hasn't been able to pitch a very decent game since his one-hit shutout in May. He pitched better against the Yankees, but it still wasn't good enough for the win. This will be his first start against the Giants. He has previously made an appearance against the Giants as a reliever when he was with the D-backs. On the Giants side, this will be Correia's first start back from the DL. Correia has looked sharp in all of his rehab appearances, particularly last Monday. He's hoping to continue his success back in the show.

The A's just finished a series against the Yankees, where they won only one out of three games. They are hoping to play better against the Giants in San Fran, where they have had success in the past. I'm predicting a series win for the A's. Let's hope it comes true!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: A's @ Giants; 3-game set

Dude, how long does it usually take you to go to and from a game usually? Y'know, because of your injury and all. Just wondering.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

From ATT Park, or from McAfee Coliseum? My apartment is only a few blocks away from ATT Park, so maybe 10 or so min, pending on stop lights and what not. As for McAfee, it's a little longer cuz I hafta go down to the BART station, wait for the train, and then take it to the Coliseum station. So that takes about a half hour, pending on train times and stop lights again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mwahahaha we beat the Giants 5-1. Both starting pitchers were awful, combining for 10 walks in six or so innings. Cust was 1-for-1 with a walk, two sac flies, and a nice catch out in LF. But it was thanks to our bullpen that we got this win. And to think people wonder why we have the second lowest ERA in the league...

Up next, Harden vs Cain. It's a twilight game, with a pyrospectacular show afterwards. I am so there.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

man, I wish I was in the bay area...you're so lucky that you get to see so many games. I'm stuck here with the overpriced Red Sox, which I couldn't even get any tickets to this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hehe. I love how the sprinklers went off with 2 out in the 9th. Just a tad too early there.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Zito had a great return to Oakland Tough loss but today will be a different story.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Zito had a great return to Oakland
    The game was in San Francisco.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, i was drunk last night and didn't even watch it and it shows. Just read the box scores. I have been really busy lately and its really cutting into my drinking time.

MLB ERA

I think Zito pitched in Oakland last season for the first time and got rocked...something like 7 or 8 runs allowed IIRC.

MLB ERA

here it is:

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...-giants-s.html

7 earned runs and the A's won 15 - 3.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That's our Zito

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    man, I wish I was in the bay area...you're so lucky that you get to see so many games. I'm stuck here with the overpriced Red Sox, which I couldn't even get any tickets to this year.
    Bummer! You should totally come out here and visit and experience all that McAfee Coliseum has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Tough loss but today will be a different story.
    Haha I don't think so. Harden vs Cain. The cards are in our favor. Besides, I've got money riding on this one...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Well you can mail me a check

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Haha no not yet. You can, however, send mine in advance. I take both personal and travelers checks. Whichever you prefer.

In other news - Ryan Sweeney was activated from the DL and OF Travis Buck was optioned to AAA. DH Frank Thomas is most likely going to miss the rest of June, due to a few setbacks and the complications of interleague play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast