Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A's vs BoSox; 3-game set

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's vs BoSox; 3-game set

5-23-08
    Wakefield vs Harden

It's your epitome of a great matchup. One guy throws heaters at 90+mph, while the other guy rarely hits 70 mph. Wakefield was cushed two starts ago against the Twins but was able to rebound when he faced Milwaukee. He ended up getting a ND because the bullpen couldn't hold the lead. Harden looked much more like himself in his last start, striking out eight and walking none in seven solid innings.

5-24-08
    Beckett vs Duchsherer

Beckett hasn't been the ace that Boston has wanted him to be. Although he got the win in his last start, he gave up four homers, good for six runs in seven innings. Duke pitched five solid innings of baseball in his last start vs Atlanta, but took his second loss in as many starts.

5-25-08
    Lester vs Blanton

All Lester did in his last start was throw a no-hitter. Nothing big. Blanton finally got some run support in his last start, but ended up with a ND as Tampa won 5-4 in bonus innings. Blanton will be making his Major League-leading 12th start, and it might be showing. He's not pitching as deep into ballgames and is allowing more runs than he normally does.

So as we all know, Boston is one of the teams to beat this year. So we'll have to haev our A-game on if we're gonna stand a chance against these guys. I'll hopefully be at tomorrow nite's game (I have another show Friday so I'll have to drive fast). I'll be happy if we can atleast score some runs against them just to keep up with their offense. But either way it looks to be a good series.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: A's vs BoSox; 3-game set

O.K. Hot Corner Gurl let's get this party started. It looks like the Sox sure are going to get a sweep in this one. The only game I am a little bit worried about is tonights game against Harden.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    O.K. Hot Corner Gurl let's get this party started. It looks like the Sox sure are going to get a sweep in this one. The only game I am a little bit worried about is tonights game against Harden.
    what? looks like a cocky Red Sux fan to me...

I hope Harden pwns them tonight like he pwned the Braves.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post

I usually am not this cocky, but me and HCG are have been bickering for a few days about this so I wanted to kinda start something. I know I am bad. I really think tonights game is going to be tough for the Sox. Another thing is the Sox have been struggling on the road which concerns me a bit. If the Sox can get by this game with a win , I really think the pitching matchups in the other two games favor us.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post

Haha yes she is. And tonite's game should be the best, and is the game with the best chance of us winning it.
    I usually am not this cocky, but me and HCG are have been bickering for a few days about this so I wanted to kinda start something. I know I am bad. I really think tonights game is going to be tough for the Sox. Another thing is the Sox have been struggling on the road which concerns me a bit. If the Sox can get by this game with a win , I really think the pitching matchups in the other two games favor us.
    You don't know how good Duke and Blanton are, do ya? You'll be in for a surprise. They're very underrated but very good. Hopefully I can make tonite's game...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    Haha yes she is. And tonite's game should be the best, and is the game with the best chance of us winning it.

You don't know how good Duke and Blanton are, do ya? You'll be in for a surprise. They're very underrated but very good. Hopefully I can make tonite's game...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I do know that they are good, but just not as good Beckett and No Hitter Lester.

If you do make it to the game, chant a "Lets Go Redsox" chant for me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I do know that they are good, but just not as good Beckett and No Hitter Lester.

If you do make it to the game, chant a "Lets Go Redsox" chant for me.
    Duke and Blanton are just as good as Beckett and Lester, if not better.

And I will not, under any circumstances, root against my team. That's treason. And my buddies out in left field would kill me.

MLB ERA

I don't know if Blanton and Duke are better, but they are good. Beckett has proven that he is good in the past. Lester really hasn't proven much other than he threw a no-hitter...so did Anibal Sanchez and what has he done since? ...exactly

Closed
    AAA ERA

I wouldn't go that far saying they were as good as them, but to each their own.

I would love to be at the game with you with my Jacoby Ellsbury jersey on and Redsox hat. I would be screaming so loudly for the Sox.

Oh and by the way everyone. Me and Hot Corner Gurl(Brett) have a little wager on this series. Whichever of our teams wins the series the other person must change their avie to the other teams logo for 1 week.

MLB ERA

3 - 0 A's going into the bottom of the 2nd. Thomas homered. Harden has pitched 2 innings and has 4 k's already.

MLB ERA

7 - 0 now...Ellis homered.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Sox continue their road wows with a terrible performance last evening. Wakefield pitched like shit and most of the A's hitters had a huge night. Pedroia did go yard for the Sox. I really need the Sox to pull these next two games out or I will be sporting some A's avatar. Ugh

MLB ERA

Harden dominated...so much for that sweep, eh?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It'll be Duke vs Beckett tonite. Hopefully I can make tonite's game too. It's a twilight game (6pm) instead of 7pm or in the afternoon. There were quite a few Sox fans at the game last nite. They sure love their Sox.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Yes Sox fans travel all over the place to follow their team. One reason is it is so hard to get to see them play at Fenway. The game is on at 9:05 p.m. on the east coast. That is much better than 10:05 though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast