Thread: Fautino de los Santos scouting report

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Fautino de los Santos scouting report

Scouting Fautino de los Santos - Video Breakdown

here is a very nice article on Fautino (picked up in the Swisher deal). I'll be very interested to see how he does this year.

MLB ERA

Re: Fautino de los Santos scouting report

He may not be ready to contribute this season, but the A's got a very nice pitcher here. He'll likely need at least one more year in the minors to work on his stamina. I'd send him out every 5th day with no pitchcount and let him pitch 8 innings a day, regardless of what he has that day. He needs to get a routine going.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wonder how well he will adjust to the big leagues though. He has nasty breaking stuff. But at the MLB level, hitters will lay off it. Hopefully he throws that stuff for strikes.

Dude has all kinds of talent though and he was a huge part of the deal for Swisher. I too look forward to seeing this guy pitch.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He may not be ready to contribute this season, but the A's got a very nice pitcher here. He'll likely need at least one more year in the minors to work on his stamina. I'd send him out every 5th day with no pitchcount and let him pitch 8 innings a day, regardless of what he has that day. He needs to get a routine going.
    I'm not sure I'd do that...that sound a little to "Dusty Bakerish" to me. Yes, he needs to increase his stamina, but he needs to work on his change up and possibly adding a 4th pitch. There's no rush. He'll be in A ball and I think the goal would be to have him ready around the time we get a new stadium. He's very young and rushing pitchers is never a good thing.

MLB ERA

well, so much for that...

Fautino De Los Santos

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Fautino De Los Santos "had elbow-ligament replacement surgery this week."
    The newspaper doesn't go into any further details, but he was recently shut down because of elbow soreness and Tommy John surgery would sideline him for the remainder of this season and much of 2009.
    not good, not good at all.