Thread: Beane wants a Santana-esque package for Haren

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Beane wants a Santana-esque package for Haren

"If you believe the scuttlebutt, he asked the Yankees for two of their Big Three -- Hughes, Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy -- plus at least one more player. Same with the Red Sox, who supposedly were asked for two of their three usual suspects -- Buchholz, Lester and Ellsbury -- plus more. The Mets reportedly were asked for both Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez. Etc., etc. " - Jayson Stark

Don't see him going anywhere.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Beane wants a Santana-esque package for Haren

Beane is doing exactly what he should...we don't have to move anyone. Haren is under control through 2010. If we traded him, whichever team that got him wouldn't have to then throw money at him.

If Haren (or Blanton/Street/Harden) is going to be traded, it will be after Santana (maybe Bedard/Willis if they're moved) and it will only be if Beane gets an offer that he can't refuse from a desperate team.

MLB ERA

Re: Beane wants a Santana-esque package for Haren

Every year Beane makes the winter headlines- it's getting pretty funny to me at this point. I don't remember where I heard the Haren news but it got me back to this forum so that's good and sorry I've been away so long.

I don't want to give up Haren not unless it helps us both now and in the future. That dude is money every fifth day and IMO we can compete next year. That said make them twitch Billy.