Thread: Foulke You Too

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Foulke You Too

A's agreed to terms with RHP Keith Foulke on a one-year, $750,000 contract.
    Foulke signed on to serve as the Indians' closer last season, but then retired during spring training rather than pitch through elbow problems. He underwent surgery to remove a bone spur and is now interested in pitching again, although he'll likely have to work in middle relief with Huston Street entrenched as the closer. Foulke pitched for the A's in 2003, leading the league with 43 saves before leaving for Boston as a free agent, but at 35 years old may not have much left in the tank.
    35 isn't exactly making him the oldest reliever. Foulke had his best season in an Oakland uniform so maybe a return could help. He doesn't really have any pressure on himself since he is not asked to close. This could be a huge pay off for the A's but in a rebuilding year why not go with one of your own prospects.

MLB ERA

Re: Foulke You Too

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    35 isn't exactly making him the oldest reliever. Foulke had his best season in an Oakland uniform so maybe a return could help. He doesn't really have any pressure on himself since he is not asked to close. This could be a huge pay off for the A's but in a rebuilding year why not go with one of your own prospects.
    Interesting especially when I saw your thread title. I wonder how weel he'll be received at the first home game. Either way after that I'm sure it'll be fine.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Foulke You Too

meh, just roster filler...though it could possibly be a prelude to a Street deal.