Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Spring Training Thread

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Johnson should make it...especially with Kotsay being out (Swisher becomes the RF with Bradley moving to CF and Stewart in LF).

MLB ERA
    Swisher, Bradley and Stewart is a pretty solid outfield IMO as long as everyone stays healthy. I've seen a few ST games in the last week and Swisher is raking the ball and Bradley has made a couple of very nice catches in CF. Stewart has also been playing and hitting well and my hope is that he's trying to revive his career and has a big year. I like Stewart and he's another one of those Beane signings that kinda flew under the radar.

One week!!! I drove by the Coliseum yesterday and got pretty stoked. I'm ready.

MLB ERA
    Sounds like everybody was hitting yesterday (from the A's website):

A's at the plate: Mike Piazza got the A's going with an RBI double off the base of the right-field wall in the bottom of the first inning, and Eric Chavez followed with his second homer of the spring to give Oakland an early 3-0 lead. Milton Bradley padded the lead in the third with his first homer of the spring, a solo shot to right, and Nick Swisher added his fifth homer of the spring, also a solo shot, in the fourth. Jason Kendall singled in the fifth and scored from first on a double to left by Shannon Stewart.

MLB ERA
    Windsor was optioned to Triple-A yesterday as well.

MLB ERA
    yea...barring a trade it appears the job is either Kennedy's or Halsey's. Halsey has 1 option year left and there has been talk of sending him to AAA to stretch him out as a starter to replace Kennedy if he can't get the job done. It also allows us to keep rule 5 pick Jay Marshall on the roster instead of sending him back to the White Sox. He's left-handed also.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Kennedy had a nice game today

5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 9K, 1 BB

still doesnt erase the horrible start he got off to, but hopefully this quiets some questions about him being the #5 guy

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by s.dot88 View Post
    Kennedy had a nice game today

5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 9K, 1 BB

still doesnt erase the horrible start he got off to, but hopefully this quiets some questions about him being the #5 guy
    It doesn't quiet my concerns but the nine strikeouts catches my attention. We'll see.

MLB ERA
    Goleski was sent back to the Indians because a trade could not be worked out. They have no place for him at AAA or even AA. I believe he would have been at AAA for us. The whole thing is shady considering the Indians never disclosed his wrist injury when we got him...they should have worked out a deal for a player they don't even want anymore

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    It doesn't quiet my concerns but the nine strikeouts catches my attention. We'll see.
    concerns are still there, but where else are we to go?

Halsey?

if Kennedy cant hold the spot, i think somebody is going to have to be brought in to solve the problem

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by s.dot88 View Post
    concerns are still there, but where else are we to go?

Halsey?

if Kennedy cant hold the spot, i think somebody is going to have to be brought in to solve the problem
    I agree but I'm not too encouraged by Kennedy right now. He was great out of the pen last year but this spring has been awful. If we can just get five or six innings per start from that spot and have them keep it close I'll take my chances. That and once again we'll have to trust Beane to get it handled.

I see a lot of media experts are once again not picking us to do as well as last year. IF HEALTHY the A's are as good as anybody in the AL West especially considering all the injuries the Angels are already dealing with. The Rangers will be better but it will come down to pitching in the AL West.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    funny

i dont know about the experts, but this looks like one of the better teams to me (in recent A's history)

4 solid starters, decent pen, solid lineup

im a beleiver, i guess

MLB ERA
    Here's a quick note from the A's website:

Piazza had finished Cactus League play batting .373 with 16 RBIs.

MLB ERA
    Dan Johnson is out for at least 3 months with torn cartilage in his hip. Looks like Durazo will make the team after all. I'm telling ya, someone put a hex on our boys

MLB ERA
    The A's also made a minor league trade today. C John Baker to Florida for infielder Jason Stokes. Stokes was a 2nd round pick by the Marlins. He's 25 and will be at AAA. Who knows...maybe we'll get lucky.

MLB ERA

A's A's sign Todd Walker

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

Good pick up. I think he's a good asset off the bench, despite his poor spring.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast