Thread: 2006 review / 2007 preview of A's prospects

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

2006 review / 2007 preview of A's prospects

link

Three Oakland farmhands finished with at least 100 RBIs during the full season, as the system has some nice balance between hitting and pitching, particularly when it comes to Major League bullpen candidates on the rise.

Overall, on the field in the Minors, four of the six affiliates finished over .500, with two -- Midland and Kane County -- making it to the playoffs and Sacramento barely missing the postseason for the first time in four years.
    If you read the entire article, then you'll see that the minor league teams were hammered with injuries just as much as the A's were.

MLB ERA
    winter ball update:

see here

While Barton's slugging hasn't quite returned to form -- he has three doubles and no homers in 74 at-bats for Toros Del Este of the Dominican Winter League -- he's hitting .324 and has drawn 18 walks for a team-best .447 on-base percentage.
    Petit, Scutaro, Moreno, Puffer, Thomas, Perry, and Casilla are also playing winter ball in various leagues. I thought Doug Clark was listed there, too, but it's gone now

MLB ERA
    I'm thinking about checking out both Stockton and Sacto this year. For some reason I'm feelin the baseball vibe.

MLB ERA
    you mean going to games there? Sadly, A's minor league teams don't play teams around here as they're not in the same leagues.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    you mean going to games there? Sadly, A's minor league teams don't play teams around here as they're not in the same leagues.

Yes that's what I mean. There were quite a few people at fanfest wearing Ports and Rivercats jerseys and the Ports had a booth there.

MLB ERA
    I figured that was what you meant...cool. I'm sure it will be a good time.