Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Twins should have advanced...

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA

The Twins should have advanced...

This series has been downright embarassing. I refuse to believe the Tigers are a better team. They knocked off the Yanks, so what? Thats been going on for the past 6 years now, it's nothing special.

Go Cards

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    what does that have to do with the cry baby Twinkies? We beat them fair and square. Only the 3rd team to never trail. Not to make excuses, but we've been without our entire middle infield this post-season except for 2 games I believe (Ellis and Crosby). And no go Cards...if they win the World Series they'll be in 2nd place with 10 titles breaking the tie of 9 titles with the A's...

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Cuz the Twins would have probably put up a better fight than this team has. There's no fire, no sense of urgency. Somebody needs to light a fire under ther asses, but it may already be too late for that.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I agree with baby girl's thoughts. Again the only team that can put up a fight with the Tigers is the Twins. Game four the series will be over. Twins got swept in 3 games. Looks like A's will be swept in 4 which to me is much worse.

Your Pitching has sucked so goe's for you hitting. Prov YOUR crying about your infield being injuried suck it up. We did not have our best pitcher in Liriano. Compare the starts and see who was better it was Liriano. But again your A's were the better team. I HOPE YOU WILL be able to say that the Tigers were the better team as well.

Tigers vs Mets world series.
    Mets will win it all.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    no one cares if you agree

MLB ERA
    The A's won the ALDS by being the better team. The Tigers seem to be on a mission to prove that they are the best team in baseball this season, which everyone thought they were most of the year.
    The A's are a quality team that has run into a very hot pitching staff.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA
    The Tigers are hot, there's nothing to be ashame of. I think we were clearly a better team than detroit and we had them on the ropes but couldn't knock them out, you guys are similar teams but they are just playing great baseball right now.

MLB ERA
    my point is the Twins should not have advanced as they didn't show any heart against the A's...what makes anyone think they would have against the Tigers? The A's deserved to advance and have just been outplayed. The Twins had a great year and deserved to go to the playoffs, but were also outplayed.

I'm not making excuses for any team and I have no problem with the Tigers winning other than the fact that obviously I'd like to see my A's win as I think next year will be a little harder for the A's to make the playoffs since I think the Angels are going to go crazy this off-season. The A's will have essentially the same team with Zito being gone. Zito protected the loss of Harden for the regular season this year. Next year we will need a healthy Harden to make the playoffs period.

I'm with Prov here. The team that deserved to advance was the team that won. It's pretty simple
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    my point is the Twins should not have advanced as they didn't show any heart against the A's...what makes anyone think they would have against the Tigers? The A's deserved to advance and have just been outplayed. The Twins had a great year and deserved to go to the playoffs, but were also outplayed.

I'm not making excuses for any team and I have no problem with the Tigers winning other than the fact that obviously I'd like to see my A's win as I think next year will be a little harder for the A's to make the playoffs since I think the Angels are going to go crazy this off-season. The A's will have essentially the same team with Zito being gone. Zito protected the loss of Harden for the regular season this year. Next year we will need a healthy Harden to make the playoffs period.
    A's baby Girl is just frustrated and it's understandable, it's the same way I felt last week. Detroit is playing amazing baseball and I'm not sure any team can beat them at this point.

MLB ERA
    Its simple math

The Twins cooled down and the Tigers are on fire now.

MLB ERA
    I agree. As I've said before, the Twins got beat by a better team. The A's ran into a very strong pitching staff and a good defensive team that did not make any mistakes. The Tigers are the best team in the AL, at least right now (and this is a very good time to be recognized as such). No shame in losing to a better team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    yep, and I'm proud of how this team did with all of the injuries (more players on the DL than the Yanks and Sox despite what ESPN might lead you to believe). Obviously, if everyone were healthy, I would have been a little more disappointed, but that's just the way it is. They should contend next year as well. Go A's!

AAA ERA
    yep, and I'm proud of how this team did
    you should be, the A's had a great year and took a step they hadn't taken in over a decade so it's progress.

MLB ERA
    The A's will face stiff competition from the Angels next season, especially with their owner's propensity to bring in new talent. The Mariners will be better as well. Should be an interesting division race next season, one I'm looking forward to watching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast