Thread: Frank Thomas

Frank Thomas

God damn. 36 hrs. 100 RBI from a guy you got for pocket change. What a deal. A homer in 6 straight.

Just more proof of the genius of Billy Beane.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    The A's and the Big Hurt are trying to work out a contract for next season.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Big Hurt is having a great year, but he is not the MVP like the media is talking about today though... just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Big Hurt is having a great year, but he is not the MVP like the media is talking about today though... just my opinion...
    No way he is MVP, but he and Thome are the 2 battling for comeback player of the year.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    I haven't heard any MVP talk but comeback player of the year would be nice and he deserves it.

F*ck Thome.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree about Thomas... I just heard on the radio yesterday that... I also heard and agree with Comeback player of the year too...

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I agree about Thomas... I just heard on the radio yesterday that... I also heard and agree with Comeback player of the year too...
    Definitely. For a guy who didn't get any respect at the beginning of the season he is having a great ****ing year. Comeback player of the year is an award he should definitely win, I can't think of anybody else more deserving.

And few people give Thomas enough credit for his carreer accomplishments...I mean the guy has 482 career homeruns, he'll easily get 500. That should be enough to be a hall of famer, not necessarily first ballot but at least an honorable mention...but o well.

MLB ERA
    I really did think, if he was healthy, that he could get his career back on track after a rather rocky departure from Chicago. I never expected a 30 HR, 100 RBI season though. He might even finish with a 40 HR season for that matter. He has his BA up to .280 now, OBP near .400 and a SLG well over .500. He has nowhere near Ortiz numbers but I'll bet if he keeps up his current streak, he could get an MVP vote or 2. No way he'll win it of course.

Considering this kind of production, I wonder what kind of money Thomas will be looking for now.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Even if Thomas' career ended today, he should be a hall of famer... In the 90's he may have been the most feared and productive hitter in the game... I am not a big fan of Thomas, but respect his ability and who he is as a ball player... Prior to being injuried often, he was a force to be dealt with...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Frank is 1 of only 3 players to have 9 seasons with 100 RBIs, 100 runs, and 100 walks...the other 2 are Bonds and Ruth. The guy is easily a 1st ballot Hall of Famer and will get his 500 homers next season...he only needs 16...I think he easily makes it regardless.

For his career he has 1398 runs, 2253 hits, 456 doubles, 484 homers, 1563 RBIs, a .425 OBP, a .306 average, 4183 total bases 1539 walks, a .567 SLG and a .992 OPS...

Someone please, tell me how he doesn't make the HoF

Seriously, Thomas should be a mortal lock for the HoF but I am willing to believe that a lot of people won't vote for him since he was

A) 1B/DH
    B) In the high offensive era
    C) Did not shine throughout every year of his career

Morons yes.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    well, considering no one has ever questioned (and rightfully so IMHO) if he used anything...the guy is just huge...he was a TE at Auburn. Seems the common belief is that he's been clean so all of his numbers are legit and he should get in regardless...it's hard to produce like that every single year when you're talking 16+ seasons...he's produced the majority of the time.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Deaf and dumb are the qualifications for not voting the Big Hurt into the Hall of Fame, sadly that's like over half of the HoF voting class.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

There are a lot of players in teh HoF that just produced steadily throughout there intire career... Hank Aaron is for one.... I know he has a ton more HRs that Big Hurt, but he was just consistent and steady... Big Hurt is the same way... Part of the reason he does have more HR's is because is is NOT a free swinger stirkeout 3 times per game power hitter... He always has high walks and .avg.