Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Random A's Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    0 for 31? thats the combined output for Thomas and Kielty. Byrnes derserves a lot better than that.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    0 for 31? thats the combined output for Thomas and Kielty. Byrnes derserves a lot better than that.
    Gosh I didn't know it was that bad. You're right, Byrnes does deserve better. Trade him somewhere where he's guaranteed to play everyday. After a year like the one he had last season, some team owes that to him. If the A's won't do it, they should trade him before this situation gets ugly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Gosh I didn't know it was that bad. You're right, Byrnes does deserve better. Trade him somewhere where he's guaranteed to play everyday. After a year like the one he had last season, some team owes that to him. If the A's won't do it, they should trade him before this situation gets ugly.
    i dont think you could get worse than 0 for 31 but i didnt know it was that bad until i looked.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I knew it was close to that because Thomas was 0 - 18 I believe after yesterday...Here is the problem:

The fans love Byrnes
    +
    Beane loves Thomas and Kielty
    =
    Unhappy people

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Why don't they just trade Byrnes already? This isn't fair to him at all.
    Mets were interested in having him as they were going to trade Cameron for him, but the A's wanted the Mets to give them money and pay Cameron's salary. Brynes would have been a fan favorite with the Mets.

MLB ERA
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

talks about Zito using another new pitch, a slurve (combo of a slider and a curve)

talks about Calero possibly going to the DL

Talks about a BS story involving Harden and his blister

and talks about Meyer sucking at AAA

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Mark Mulder with a 10-inning shutout of the Houston Astros. He allowed only 4 hits. Dude is BACK.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Mulder, like Zito, will bounce back...they've been too good to just suck completely forever now
    just like I said

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Mark Mulder with a 10-inning shutout of the Houston Astros. He allowed only 4 hits. Dude is BACK.
    Wow...10 innings??? Talk about endurance. Looks like he's back in a big way. I wonder how many pitches he finished with.

AAA ERA
    Ok...just looked at the boxscore. He finished with 101 pitches...75 for strikes. Pretty good ratio.

MLB ERA
    I don't know if you guys saw this in the game thread from last night, but just my opinion about the team so far

we're where I thought we would be (around .500), but we're not doing it how I expected. I expected us to score runs and the starting pitching (with the exception of Harden) to be subpar and give up runs. But so far they've been good and the offense has sucked. Watch, when the offense starts hitting, the pitching will suck.

AAA ERA
    Watch, when the offense starts hitting, the pitching will suck.
    I hope not. I like the progress Haren and Blanton---especially Blanton---have made. They've pitched far better than I've expected.

MLB ERA
    I hope Zito tosses a shut-out or something tonight just to shut up that fat prick from espn John "Steel-Testacle" Kruk...he said Zito sucks, is a middle of the road rotation guy, won't go winless, but won't be anywhere near his cy-young season...basically saying he's done...

Take away the Tampa start and Zito would have an ERA of 4.50...that's not too bad...you should have heard how fat kruk was talking about him...granted, I'm not saying Zito is the same, but the way he was talking just pissed me off

oh, and he's "Steel-Testacle" because he had testicular cancer and I believe they had to take one out and replaced it with a steel one to "balance" him out...maybe it was just a rumor...I dunno

AAA ERA
    oh, and he's "Steel-Testacle" because he had testicular cancer and I believe they had to take one out and replaced it with a steel one to "balance" him out...maybe it was just a rumor...I dunno
    Are you serious? That's just weird

I don't like Kruk myself. But I'm not surprised he would say something like that. He tends to say outrageous things like that. He was saying after the Yanks acquired Randy Johnson that he was gonna win 30 games because of the run support he was gonna have. Not every team is a cakewalk, even if you have the O's, Jays and Rays in your division. He actually lost to the Rays last week I think.

Well I hope Zito also saw Kruk's comments. He has a lot of people to prove wrong.

MLB ERA
    I have zero confidence in Zito at this point and I fully expect him to get hammered tonight. JMHO.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast