Thread: A's stand behind Hudgens

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA

A's stand behind Hudgens

A's infield coach Ron Washington has gotten his fair share of publicity in recent years, in part because third baseman Eric Chavez, once labeled a great-bat, bad-glove prospect, credits Washington with turning him into a four-time Gold Glove winner.
    Hitting coach Dave Hudgens, on the other hand, seems to get noticed only when the A's offense is in a funk, as it has been for most of this young season. Oakland entered Tuesday's game against the visiting Rangers with the third-fewest runs (94), the second-worst batting average with runners in scoring position (.220) and tied for second-worst overall batting average (.238) in the American League.

Asked about Hudgens' work, Chavez, who is off to the slowest start of his career, said any criticism the coach might be drawing is grossly unfair.

"If you ask me, Hudge is the equivalent to Wash," Chavez offered before batting practice. "He just doesn't get the recognition."
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

AA ERA
    Hudgens will be fired in a matter of time.

MLB ERA
    Ever since he became the hitting coach our production with RISP has plummeted; I remember calling for his head last year. As for this year, other than Kotsay, Durazo Scutaro and sometimes Ellis, the at-bats this year are some of the most gutless, heartless AB's I've ever seen.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Chavy's AB's are especially heartless...