Thread: Games you'll be attending this year

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Games you'll be attending this year

What games, if any, are you people planning on going to this year?

Well, as you may or may not remember I wasn't planning on going to any games because I refuse to give my money to the Dead Sox anymore and my Dad and I probably weren't going to go away to see some games, but now it looks like we will.

2003 we went to Oakland for the 4 game series against the Red Sox
    2004 we went to Baltimore for a 3 game series against the Red Sox as well (2 games because one got rained out after it started...only got through 3 innings or so)

and in 2005...

It looks like it may be the A's/Braves series Friday June 10th - Sunday June 12th. It has to be a weekend trip and it has to be when I'm done with school (May 11th) and before July...and nothing past mid-America or so...I looked at Cubs, Phillies, Nationals, and others in that time frame and nothing looked good...Cubs/Red Sox same weekend, but it's sold out...and I am sick of seeing the Sox, we saw them last year...my turn now... / here I come! Maybe we'll get a huddy/harden match up!

MLB ERA
    A couple other options are 6/3-6/5 yanks @ twins and 6/10-6/12 yanks @ cards

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Wow, you get to see Huddy in his element. Nice Go to the Yanks/Cards series if you can. You'll maybe get to see our other former ace.

As for me, as soon as I get back to California---6 weeks from now---I'll probably go with my bro (Emo, he's one of the Giants fans who post here) to the Giants/A's series. Those games are always fun so I can't wait. I REALLY wanted to go the Yanks/A's series next month, but unfortunately I'll still be out of state by then.

I also want to see the Nationals...just to see a new team tho they're not necessarily new but still would be cool. As for the rest of the summer, I'm not sure how many games I'll get to go to since I'll be getting ready to go back to school. Then I won't even be able to go to any A's games once I'm in school because I'll be out of the Bay Area. I suppose I could go see them when they play the Angels since I'll be in Southern California. I'll see how it works out

MLB ERA
    that's cool...if it was up to me, I'd like to see A's / Braves...I don't really wanna see the yanks, but we got see what will work best I guess

I'm going to wichever game my mom gets free tickets to. Her work always gives out A's tickets we just have to wait until it's her turn. We get tickets to like 4 games a year.

MLB ERA
    I usually wait until about 6:45 pm to decide whether or not I'll be going to a 7:05 game; if I do I make it by first pitch.

MLB ERA
    do you live at the Holiday Inn or something? jease...must be nice

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    do you live at the Holiday Inn or something? jease...must be nice

I live in Alameda so all I do is cross the High St. Bridge and I'm almost in the parking lot. It's nice; the difference between Alameda and Oakland is night and day. There's also about a 40% difference in property values.

MLB ERA
    well, we were going to go see the A's in Atlanta, but we decided against it for a few reasons. one being that we couldn't find any good deals to fly there...and we didn't want to spend a fortune for what would amount to a long weekend. oh well, no games for me this year...

AAA ERA
    The team's gonna continue to suck. Might as well save your money

MLB ERA
    well, saving money was part of it, but not because we suck lol...because I will be done with my job from grad school in mid-august...so sometime between now and then I need to find another job

AAA ERA
    Oh I see. Well good luck with your search

MLB ERA
    thanks...I'll need it I think