Thread: Hughes Psyched For Season

MLB ERA

Yankees Hughes Psyched For Season

Yankees.com

Hughes isn't projected to have a shot at making the Major League team until at least 2007, but in the meantime this spring, he'll rub elbows with guys like Johnson and Mike Mussina. So far he said he hasn't gotten to talk much with any of the big league guys yet.

Hughes said he is somewhat comfortable by his surroundings since he pitched for the Tampa Yankees at the end of last season. With a good spring, Hughes could find himself in Double-A this season.
    "It would be nice to break camp and maybe start Double-A but that kind of thing doesn't matter to me. I go out and pitch and whatever I do from there is not really in my hands, wherever they want me to move. As far as goals, I want to stay healthy, have a good spring, pitch well and from there it's up to them."
    Hughes was selected in the first round of the 2004 draft (23rd overall). He came straight out of high school despite the recent movement away from young high school talent and toward college pitchers that are further along in their developement.
    Hughes is one of our best prospects. He has all the intangibles and his stats are amazing. I expect him in AAA by the end of the season, probably a Spetember callup. Can't wait to see him inject youth into the rotation

AAA ERA
    I am excited by Hughes as well, we haven't had a pitching prospect this highly touted in a long time and w/ the age we have in the rotation hopefully he'll be a nice shot in the arm next spring.

MLB ERA
    health