Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boss predicts championship in 2006

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

boss predicts championship in 2006

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

There is the thread. We all know I hate the yankees but once again payroll does not win championships! Steinbrenner should just shut up. Way to jinx your club before the season has even started.

Looking forward to Santana and Liraino dominating the Yankees. Looking forward to a new season of yankee- twin bashing..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    What else is he going to say? "I think we suck this year and have no shot at the world series?"
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Gotta love the owner shedding weight from his wallet to give us a better product. Oh wait, that's right, all we get is gripe because our owner is interested in winning not just making a profit. I know it sounds pig-headed but the Yankees are my team and i gotta defend them...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    What else is he going to say? "I think we suck this year and have no shot at the world series?"
    Replace World Series with playoffs and it sounds like what Al Davis would say while injected with truth serum.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Seriously. Doesn't George say this every year? The problem with baseball is that every owner doesn't have this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

There is the thread. We all know I hate the yankees but once again payroll does not win championships! Steinbrenner should just shut up. Way to jinx your club before the season has even started.

Looking forward to Santana and Liraino dominating the Yankees. Looking forward to a new season of yankee- twin bashing..
    It's expected from Stein to say this, and I think he's right. Payroll doesn't win championships, but payroll does pay the players who will win us that championship. Jinxing? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Seriously. Doesn't George say this every year? The problem with baseball is that every owner doesn't have this attitude.
    couldn't of said it better myself

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    if you say it you should win right?!! Don't say it if you can't get the job done!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I'm sure the Yankees can get it done.

AA ERA
    Well, if the World Series is ever decided on E-Bay, I am sure he will be the winning bidder.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Heh. So easy to attack the payroll....got anything new?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    if you say it you should win right?!! Don't say it if you can't get the job done!
    This should help you answer that question. I know it was rhetorical, but I'd like to respond anyway.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Heh. So easy to attack the payroll....got anything new?
    Isn't that funny coming from a Sox fan who had a $40 mil payroll advantage in the WS 2 years ago? and the same team that had about 2 homegrown players on that team(if that many).

Giants

Gotta love Geroge.

Isn't he subtle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast