Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr.S.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees Mr.S.

The YANKEE season is over. A season ended by the only non WIN METHOD position player on the team in the last decade. A player who has brought down the season win total each year he has been here. And who has alone, been responsible for the YANKEE defeat in the playoffs the past two seasons.

After the playoffs, I met with Mr.S. in Tampa. He asked for my assessment of the teams situation. The following is a brief synopsis of my words to him. The main problem was the signing of Alex Rodriquez. Yes, the team would be able to win a World Series with him in the lineup, but that would have to be accomplished by every other player overcoming his deficencies. Joe Torre should be allowed to manage for the upcoming season, but if you feel a change is needed, I suggest Lou Pinella. Brian Cashman needs to go, because he was the man instrumental in convincing you to sign Alex Rodriquez. However, you ultimately gave the final ok, against my belief that Alex Rodriquez would be a detriment to the team. If we had a Scott Brosius type player at 3b last season, we could have won it all. I strongly recommend the unloading of Arod, even though you would have to eat much of his over blown salary. I gave Mr.S. a first list of interviews and their results I have completed so far. I will be headed on the road again shortly to finish up the list.

Entertaining joek. It really is. Like I said in a earlier thread, Yankees lost as a team, not individual players lost it for them.

And we didn't "sign" A-Rod. We traded for him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    The YANKEE season is over. A season ended by the only non WIN METHOD position player on the team in the last decade. A player who has brought down the season win total each year he has been here. And who has alone, been responsible for the YANKEE defeat in the playoffs the past two seasons.

After the playoffs, I met with Mr.S. in Tampa. He asked for my assessment of the teams situation. The following is a brief synopsis of my words to him. The main problem was the signing of Alex Rodriquez. Yes, the team would be able to win a World Series with him in the lineup, but that would have to be accomplished by every other player overcoming his deficencies. Joe Torre should be allowed to manage for the upcoming season, but if you feel a change is needed, I suggest Lou Pinella. Brian Cashman needs to go, because he was the man instrumental in convincing you to sign Alex Rodriquez. However, you ultimately gave the final ok, against my belief that Alex Rodriquez would be a detriment to the team. If we had a Scott Brosius type player at 3b last season, we could have won it all. I strongly recommend the unloading of Arod, even though you would have to eat much of his over blown salary. I gave Mr.S. a first list of interviews and their results I have completed so far. I will be headed on the road again shortly to finish up the list.
    Ya, ARod was the SOLE REASON why you lost . Had nothing to do with Anaheim outpitching you when the pressure was on, Wang had nothing to do with the series loss, Randy had nothing to do with it imploding in his start giving 5 runs in 3 inn, Al "Gascan" Lieter had nothing to do with the loss, Matsui hitting .200 in the playoffs had nothing to do with it, Bernie hitting .211 for the series had nothing to do with it, Mussina giving up 5 runs in Game 5 had nothing to do with it. ARod, Small, Sheff, and Jeter are a few of the main reasons you all were anywhere near the playoffs to begin with. Without any of them you miss the playoffs.

And please again I ask please about win method, youre own words say it doesnt work. And I quote: " A season ended by the only non WIN METHOD position player on the team in the last decade."

You havent won the World series in 5 yrs now, A Rod wasnt there for all of the years.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

ERA
    Call NASA
    And no team under any system will win it all every year. But one team over the past decade has had more consistent success than any other team in baseball. Therefore your assumptions as to what is real and factual are just that, and they are wrong. Live with it.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    And we didn't "sign" A-Rod. We traded for him.
    If he doesn't have a signed contract, lets chuck him right now.

He does have a signed contract, but we traded for that contract. In your first post you make it seem like he was a free agent who we signed.

ERA
    Call NASA
    And that contract will live in infamy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "Wang had nothing to do with the series loss,"

no, he didnt... wang pitched superb that game, if youll remember, it was an error that opened the floodgates. an error by arod, ironically enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    "Wang had nothing to do with the series loss,"

no, he didnt... wang pitched superb that game, if youll remember, it was an error that opened the floodgates. an error by arod, ironically enough.
    Pretty sure Slyder was being sarcastic when he said that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

his whole paragraph was sarcasm. but it was sarcasm all the while pointing out all our deficiencies in the playoffs.

Ah I read back now. Excuse me for being a dumbass, sometimes things fly right over me. It's not the first time, and certainly won't be the last time.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    And no team under any system will win it all every year. But one team over the past decade has had more consistent success than any other team in baseball....
    And 2x the amount of money on there team compared to the rest of baseball.

There I Fixed what you were trying to say.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

ERA
    Call NASA
    Addresssing your faults is the first step in overcoming them. However Arod was the biggest reason the YANKEES lost. Everything else combined does not equal Arods deficiencies.

AAA ERA
    I don't know why you guys take the bait. We already have an A-Rod is an asswipe thread. Its a tired arguement. The first step to succeeding is to stop thinking all of the Yankees problems begin and end with A-Rod. Here's where you can start: How many diferent pitchers did the Yanks use this season?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast