Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees agree with Mazzone

ERA
    Call NASA
    Mr. S. dislikes anything and everything to do with losing. He dislikes Joe Torres performance when the YANKEES lose, that does not mean he dislikes Joe Torre. The same is true for Mel when the team goes bad, for the coaches, for the management, and for everything else. There is a difference.

Just as I dislike when the YANKEES lose, but I do not dislike the team, I do not even dislike the non WIN METHOD players. They are just not WIN METHOD, and in my opinion, should not be on the team.

AAA ERA
    Wow. You made it a whole 5 posts before mentioning your conjecture. I think the over/under was 1.5!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    George hasn't liked Mel for some time now. Don't be in the dark Joke.

ERA
    Call NASA
    REPEAT, show me one statement where Mr.S. has said he does not like Mel Stottlemyer, and I will gladly appologize for illustrating the foolishness of the misrepresentations several posters are making in regard to this matter.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Explain why else Mel would be so happy to leave NY? Diamond Dave has already posted a quote so shhhhh little Joke.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Explain why else Mel would be so happy to leave NY? Diamond Dave has already posted a quote so shhhhh little Joke.
    Read the article mentaly deprived weed whacker. Here is the quote from Mr.S. """""""Mel Stottlemyre will always be a Yankee. When I purchased the ballclub more than 30 years ago, he was one of the teams true stars and leaders and, during his 10 seasons as pitching coach, we won six American League pennants and four World Championships. While it is no secret that I can be a very difficult boss, Mel has always conducted himself as a professional and a gentleman. I wish he and (wife) Jean much success and happiness in the future.""""""""

Here are some points from the article and Mel......
    Stottlemyre insisted there was no bad blood between him and Steinbrenner but did admit that the second-guessing from the front office over decisions had begun to wear on him.

"I didn't let it interfere with the way I did my job," Stottlemyre said. "I felt it (wore) a little bit on my thinking on the field. Basically that's why I made the decision."

Stottlemyre said he wasn't going to retire. He plans to either become a pitching coach with another team or at least serve as a consultant with the Yankees next season.

I guess he and Mr.S. must really hate each other if Mel is considering staying with the team as a consultant and Mr.S. is willing to keep him.

Get your crap together weefer, and stop misrepresenting the FACTS.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    If you can honestly believe that junk, then you might need to start smoking some reefer to open your eyes. Every single firing or resignation has had the exact same terminology. It's called being professional. For a Yankee fan, you have not kept up with your own team for quite the past couple of years. Mel and George have both expressed their dislikes and that is why Mel is leaving. Watch some Sportscenter and don't try to rely on someone posting a link when everyone knows the obvious but you, as always.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Weeper, you are welcome to wish and dream what you like. You are entitled to your useless misguided opinions.

Joek, don't call people names. It's immature.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    I have absolutely no problem with that, if they do not call me names.

Illustration: post #20 in this thread by weeper.

Lets call each other names and go back to being in kindergarten. "Teacher teacher he called me a name first." Geez.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I agree. Can you amongst others do that in your reps also.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Misguided opinions He left NY because of George. How is that misguided? He can call me weeper all he wants to because I never do the crying. I will remain calling him Joke b/c that's what he is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12