Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pujols Shows ARod How It's Done

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ejk
    Arod is the problem with the Yankees, as I too believe in the concept of 'team' over individual stats.
    You contradict yourself. If you believe that teams win games, not individuals, then how can you blame an individual for a team loss?

Its all about the HMARK METHOD: It is irrational to evaluate an individual based solely on past team success or failure, becuase teams achieve wins, not individuals. The only way to evaluate individual players is by comparing their individual stats.

Please don't resort to name calling. It only dampens your point.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    TEAM -- one player can't ruin a team, unless his name is Carl Everett. Just kidding, but AROD isn't why the Yankees lost and I hate to belabor a point. He is one of the main reasons we got the playoffs - he fell short, it happens. Let's not kill one guy on our team for a group loss. Hey, a few months ago we didn't think we would even make the playoffs. We were at the lowest point in the last 10 years and we were falling apart. We came together, beat the Red Sox, won the division, and went to 5 games in the DS. We lost, but we pick ourselves up and we come back next year stronger. And we don't kill the guy who may win the MVP no matter how bad he sucked in the playoffs.
    JASON FOR SPORTS ILLUSTRATED'S SPORTSFAN OF THE YEAR!

http://WWW.SI.COM/SPORTSFAN

A VOTE FOR ME IS A
    VOTE FOR THE YANKEES!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123