Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pujols Shows ARod How It's Done

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Well if you understand the game, quit blaming everything on Arod for Pete's sake. The Yankees as a team blew it. Sheff and Matsui have won nothing either for the Yanks.
    Spare me, I understand the game. The man had opportunity after opprtunity and faield every time- not just w/ the bat but in the field. Maybe it's a little harsh blaming him solely but no player was more responsible than ARod was, no player played worse and it wasn't close and until he actually comes through for us he will be considered a failure here regardless of what he does during the regular season, you are defined here by october #s not June #s.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes Arod sucked and so did the whole Yankee team, all $200+ million of it. As long as you realize that, we cool.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Oh how many teams would have loved to suck their way to the playoffs!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I would say none! How many teams would have loved to win the WS is a better question and the answer would be all of them. Ask any team if they would have loved to suck ass in the first round and not one of them would say yes.

AAA ERA
    I would say none! How many teams would have loved to win the WS is a better question and the answer would be all of them. Ask any team if they would have loved to suck ass in the first round and not one of them would say yes.
    Every single team that did not make the playoffs would have liked to have at least made the ALDS, sure they want the WS but every one of them would have taken an ALDS loss over not making the playoffs at all.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I can maybe see where you are coming at but it makes no difference at all to anything. If it makes Yankee fans sleep better at night that they can say "Hey at least we made the playoffs" then go for it. It just doesn't have any clout.

ERA
    Call NASA
    That is your opinion weeper.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What is my opinion Joke? And why call me weeper? I am not the one crying then trying to say "hey at least we made the playoffs". Like many, many Yankee fans have said, "it doesn't matter if you make the playoffs, it's if you win it all that matters."

AAA ERA
    What is my opinion Joke? And why call me weeper? I am not the one crying then trying to say "hey at least we made the playoffs". Like many, many Yankee fans have said, "it doesn't matter if you make the playoffs, it's if you win it all that matters."
    In most years if the Yanks don't win the WS it's a failue but this year I give them a pass b/c of all the injuries we went through w/ the starting staff. It was a great job just to get there but for most teams making the playoffs is an achievement. Ask just about any team besides Atl, Bos, NYY & SL if they'd be happy to make the playoffs.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I agree in the Yanks achieving something this year and they did. It was great to see a team come over such obstacles and to see players do things they couldn't in the past. Just don't try and pull the "at least we made it to the playoffs" card. Its not needed at all and doesn't mean a whole lot. You Yankee fans know this better than anyone because Yank fans are always the first to bring up the "when is the last time your team won anything" questions. The whole point of my getting in on the thread was to get to guys to quit blaming EVERYTHING on Arod. He was one of many, many things wrong in the ALDS. Seems like you guys got the point now which is awesome.

AAA ERA
    ARod was most repsonsible for us not advancing there is no question about it, he's supposed to be our best player but he was our worst player against Anaheim and it killed us. Watching Chicago though I don't think we would have beaten them so it takes a little sting off but it's still frustrating and I still blame ARod the most.

ERA
    Call NASA
    There is no question Arod was the main problem of why the YANKEES did not go further in the playoffs.

Weeper: the reason I call you weeper, is likely for the same reason you call me joke.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    At least mine makes since. Weeper just doesn't fit anywhere. I don't ever cry about stuff like so you now will be called Joke Sobstory. Oh and by the way, the MAIN reason the Yankees lost is because of the Angels.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    First, I think our standard for yankee success is so much higher than any other standard for any other team or sport. But that's fine because it keeps us striving more and ensures we are always in it. Second, I will not say AROD is sole to blame. I won't go through all of the reasons. If youbelieve he was, you have the stats to prove it. I happen to believe in the team concept. Remember w/o AROD we may not have gotten to the playoffs. Look at his reg season stats and win share total. We only squeeked into the playoffs and w/o him we may not have been there.
    JASON FOR SPORTS ILLUSTRATED'S SPORTSFAN OF THE YEAR!

http://WWW.SI.COM/SPORTSFAN

A VOTE FOR ME IS A
    VOTE FOR THE YANKEES!

Banned
    ERA
    Call NASA
    How many years in a row did we make the playoffs without Arod. Without Arod we may still have had Sorianno. Arod is the problem with the Yankees, as I too believe in the concept of 'team' over individual stats. The WIN METHOD, used by only the Yankees has been most instrumental in the teams decade long successes. Remember my warning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast