Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me just say...

Let me just say...

Congrats to a scrappy clutch hitting Angels team that overcame some adversity with Colon going down in game 5.

It was a great series and very exciting. I was hoping more from the Yankees but credit has to go the pitching for holding down, ARod, Sheff and Matsui amongst others.

Good Luck to the Angels and WhiteSox. Keep the World Series champion in the American League.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    See now this is class. Turning on your players and managers is not class.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I never took credit away from the Angels, you have to understand that in the heat of the moment I go off sometimes. My purpose in going crazy on ARod was not to take away from the Angels, they deserved to win b/c they took advantage of our mistakes and they came up w/ big hits in big spots and pitched well for the most part. I say good luck to them against Chicago.

AAA ERA
    Glad to see everyone is seeing straight again.

Don't mistake a portion of frustration along with calling it the way it is.

No one has asked for Torre or ARod to be thrown off the upper deck of Yankee Stadium.

I am sure if your team made to the playoffs and someone who is key...bats .120 with no HRs and no RBIs along some errors...you would not have too many kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer

Rookie ERA
    The better team won. I will still root for the WS as I hate every team that used thunderstix. Anyways hopefully we can improve in the off-season as long as the guys from Tampa dont get too involved.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Don't mistake a portion of frustration along with calling it the way it is.

No one has asked for Torre or ARod to be thrown off the upper deck of Yankee Stadium.

I am sure if your team made to the playoffs and someone who is key...bats .120 with no HRs and no RBIs along some errors...you would not have too many kind words.
    Yes I would be upset but never would I blame one guy for a series loss. My team makes it to the playoffs often so yeah I know what it is like. Don't try and act like the Giants suck. They did this year but that was the first time in a long time that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COUNTRY
    The better team won. I will still root for the WS as I hate every team that used thunderstix. Anyways hopefully we can improve in the off-season as long as the guys from Tampa dont get too involved.
    I doubt Tampa Bay gets involved too much this offseason. They'd be smarter to sit back and build around their young core of talented players.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    They be smart to go out and get some pitching which has been their problem since day one.

If the DRays can find a top ace for decent amount of money then heck go for it. No reason to bring in some average pitchers when the team won't go anywhere with them. It'd be wasted money. DRays should be worrying about building a few years down the road, they surely can't win right now with all the youngsters they have.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Rocks they have been doing that forever and its not working. Their pitching is horrible. Getting four Tomko's would be a big improvement. Kazmir is the only bright spot.

How would it make sense to go out and sign an average older pitcher? Tampa Bay should go with young and try to start mixing in experience with their youngsters. TBay spending more will be great for the city and the team. I don't see Tampa Bay going out and just passing out money left and right to average pitchers to try and win some more games.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I doubt Tampa Bay gets involved too much this offseason. They'd be smarter to sit back and build around their young core of talented players.
    Well I meant the Tampa offices as in Steinbrenner and crew but seeing that we have a good discussion going I wont bother ya.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    How would it make sense to go out and sign an average older pitcher? Tampa Bay should go with young and try to start mixing in experience with their youngsters. TBay spending more will be great for the city and the team. I don't see Tampa Bay going out and just passing out money left and right to average pitchers to try and win some more games.
    Because they have been going with prospects FOREVER and nothing has come of it. And you said yourself they need experience so it makes perfect since. After Kazmir there was nothing and bringing even Brett Tomko there would be an improvement. Winning ballgames is what its all about and signing even average veteran pitchers to go with the youngs guys would be a vast improvement with that offense behind them. Plus getting some pitching would show that town that things have changed and they are committed to trying to get better. Something they haven't done yet.

If average players can get it done with a young team in the IF and OF, then it may just all work out for them. If DRays Gm, whoever it may be, goes out and signs these average pitchers to a lot of money for a lot of years, it won't be a smart move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast