Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARod apologizes

ARod apologizes

Yankees | A-Rod Apologizes to Team
    Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:47:14 -0700

The Associated Press reports New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez came into the coaches' room after the Game 5 loss and apologized after he went just 2-for-15 in the playoffs.
    Link

Should he have to apologize? It was a team effort and a team loss. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose.

Apologies not accepted, Pay Rod.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Link

Should he have to apologize? It was a team effort and a team loss. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose.
    Unless every other player except for maybe Jeter follows suit and does the same then A-Rod shouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Apologies not accepted, Pay Rod.
    Isn't that a little bit too harsh? He played horrible, no doubt about it. But the Yankees lost, not Arod made the Yankees lose.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why doesn't Jeter have to apologize? Arod doesn't have to apologize but he wants to get on the Yanks good side. I don't believe a professional athlete has to apologize for things like that. No one fees as bad as Arod I'm sure.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Link

Absolutely, no player was more responsible for us not playing tonight than ARod. he was absolutely brutal all series long, every other player had at least a moment or 2 where they really contributed but ARod was dreadful the entire series.

Rookie ERA
    It was a team effort but this means nothing to me, were not paying him this much money for him to sweet talk us.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Absolutely, no player was more responsible for us not playing tonight than ARod. he was absolutely brutal all series long, every other player had at least a moment or 2 where they really contributed but ARod was dreadful the entire series.
    bullshit, and you know it. Matsui left 8 runners on base man. out of an RBI spot, thats unacceptable. sheffield was almost as bad.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Matsui had more than 2 hits the entire series, A-Rod and him are definitely the main goats though. Strategy for next year: bat him 3rd against teams under .500 and play Felix Escalona against those over .500.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    bullshit, and you know it. Matsui left 8 runners on base man. out of an RBI spot, thats unacceptable. sheffield was almost as bad.
    The man had ZERO RBI, at least matsui drove in 4. ARod also had the error that turned the series around and got thrown out stealing in a huge spot. His biggest contribution was getting hit by 2 pitches.

AAA ERA
    The man had ZERO RBI, at least matsui drove in 4. ARod also had the error that turned the series around and got thrown out stealing in a huge spot. His biggest contribution was getting hit by 2 pitches.
    Eveyone on the team made terrible plays in the field. A-Rod got caught stealing because they pitched out. Not his fault, chalk it up to Socia outmanaging Torre. The no RBI I can't defend, but its safe to say you (and the majority of fans) are going completely overboard with A-Rod.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    so its his fault the angels pitched out? sure, he should have had some RBI, but he didnt have as many chances as Matsui to drive a runner in.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A-Rod had plenty of chances, he just choked big time when it came time to drive them in, something he did not do.

AAA ERA
    Here, nyjunc. you'll get a kick out of this one:

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Eveyone on the team made terrible plays in the field. A-Rod got caught stealing because they pitched out. Not his fault, chalk it up to Socia outmanaging Torre. The no RBI I can't defend, but its safe to say you (and the majority of fans) are going completely overboard with A-Rod.
    Absolutely was his fautl, thye were holding him on tight and he got burned trying to steal. ARod has the green light when to go, Torre din't tell him to go. If he goes he HAS to make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast