Thread: Giambi wins Comeback Player of the Year

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giambi wins Comeback Player of the Year

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Congrats to Giambi on a well deserved award. He overcame a ****ing shit load of garbage to get this award. From the injuries last year to the steroid cloud to the minor league talk, this guy has exceeded expectations. 271 average, 32 homers and 87 RBIs was so far from people's minds in May when they were walking about sending him to the minors. When this guy got hot, so did the Yanks. A great season for a guy who didn't have anything going for him.

Beat ya.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Mine was better and more detailed

MLB ERA
    Sexson=robbed.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Sexson=robbed.
    Giambi's Lowpoints last year were lower than Richie, and highpoints this year were higher.

AAA ERA
    I have to admit I was surprised hearing about this, i am surprised writers voted for him knowing the likelihood is that the steroids contributed to his injury/illness plagued 2004.

Writers don't vote for Comeback Player of the Year. The People do.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Writers don't vote for Comeback Player of the Year. The People do.
    That makes it even mor surprising b/c of the steroids AND the fact that most of the Country hates the Yankees.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Giambi's Lowpoints last year were lower than Richie, and highpoints this year were higher.
    Richie was injured pretty much all of last year. Seems like we're rewarding Giambi for a post-steroid fallout. Usually the award goes to a guy who was injured or had a bad year the year before.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giambi was terrible from April to MAy and they were talking about sending a $20 million guy down to the minors. That is ****ing low. Plus it has been proven that roids had nothing to do with his illness.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Giambi was terrible from April to MAy and they were talking about sending a $20 million guy down to the minors. That is ****ing low. Plus it has been proven that roids had nothing to do with his illness.
    has it been proven? I'm not sure about that. I'm not saying I agree or disagree w/ jason getting the award but never heard his condition had nothing to do w/ steroids.

Well nonetheless congrats to Jason. I was pretty impressed with him starting back in spring training and he's proven that he's an alright player off the roids.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Richie was injured pretty much all of last year. Seems like we're rewarding Giambi for a post-steroid fallout. Usually the award goes to a guy who was injured or had a bad year the year before.
    Point taken, good post. But when we put it to a vote by the fans, they thought Giambi's comeback was more special.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    has it been proven? I'm not sure about that. I'm not saying I agree or disagree w/ jason getting the award but never heard his condition had nothing to do w/ steroids.
    Yes it has been proven by the doctors that over looked him and from a lot of doctors that have been on Outside the Lines.