Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Angels

Round 1 Angels

Now we have separated the contenders from the pretenders.

It is for the greatest prize in all of sports...the World Series Trophy. In round one, we have the Angels.

I am not sure of the pitching matchups yet but I am excited about this. We have some payback to give from 2002. I can't wait for Cy Young Colon to face ARod, and see how far he can hit the first couple of pitches from before we get to their bullpen.

Prediction: Yankees 3 Games Angels 1 Game

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    interesting prediction as the Angels were the only team not named Tampa Bay to have a winning record vs. the Yanks this year at 6 - 4 and they have home field. I think it'll go 5 games.

New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Angels
    Game Matchup Day Date Time TV
    Gm 1 NYY @ LAA Tue Oct. 4 8:00 P.M. FOX
    Gm 2 NYY @ LAA Wed Oct. 5 10:00 P.M. ESPN
    Gm 3 LAA @ NYY Fri Oct. 7 8:00 P.M. ESPN
    Gm 4* LAA @ NYY Sat Oct. 8 TBA TBA
    Gm 5* NYY @ LAA Sun Oct. 9 TBA TBA
    * - if necessary

I think the last couple of months this has been a much different team than earlier in the year.

The last time we face them was in July. We took 2 out 3 in NY and 1 out 4 in LAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    interesting prediction as the Angels were the only team not named Tampa Bay to have a winning record vs. the Yanks this year at 6 - 4 and they have home field. I think it'll go 5 games.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Angels are hot right finishing the season 14 - 2...should be a good series...key word being "should"

AAA ERA
    I'm very worried about Moose in Game 1, if he can pitch the way he did 2 starts ago then we'll have a great chance to win game 1 and to win the series.

AAA ERA
    I think the only thing in question for Game 1 is how many times A-Rod is taking Colon deep tonight!

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    I think the only thing in question for Game 1 is how many times A-Rod is taking Colon deep tonight!
    DRod was awful last night but we still got the W. Moose was great and Cano got the huge 3 RBI double in the 1st and that would be all we'd need holding on for the 4-2 win. The pen was a but shaky again but did it's job, if we can get a W tonight this series will be all but over as it is i love having Randy & Chacon going in game's 3 & 4. Things are looking good BUT since 2000 the winner of Game 1 in our Division Series' has lost all 5 Series so hopefully we end that trend this week.

A good start. ARod did not own Colon but our offense did enough with a good gut check outing from Moose.

AAA ERA
    As frustrating as the Game 2 loss is, I'm content with the split in Anaheim. Randy's start should be in the bank already, so if the Yanks get a good start out of Chacon, they're moving on!

AA ERA
    Chacon... how did he work out so good lol.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

our defense is a real liability. Its not good at all. Why do you think Tampa beat us so much this season ? Their team speed put pressure on our defense and we buckled most of the time. We need to jump out to bigger leads and take away the small ball that Anaheim is trying to suck us into.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    As frustrating as the Game 2 loss is, I'm content with the split in Anaheim. Randy's start should be in the bank already, so if the Yanks get a good start out of Chacon, they're moving on!
    It's a very furstraing loss, we should have won. Wang was great but DRod cost us both in the field and getting picked off at 2nd. Our other hitters didn' help, we had RISP all night and couldn't cash in but I feeel great knowing we have randy & Chacon going on Fri & sat, we need to end it at yankee Stadium b/c it will be difficult to go back to Mickey Mouse Stadium and win on Sun Night.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast