Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Round 1 Angels

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Moose was typical big game Moose but at least he gave us 1 great game, the Cano call was BS, matsui struggled but agve us something this series as did Sheff. DRod killed us all series- w/ his bat, glove and legs.
    Did 'tipping your cap to the other team' ever cross your mind? You can fling all the blame around and point all the fingers. I'll tip my cap to the Angels. They played the Yanks great all year and they got 'em when it counted. The Yanks will get them next year. Give credit when credit is due!
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    I can care less if you disagree with me. I just don't care for the personal attack.
    ..If the shoe fits....

Your post pretty much spoke for itself. I think most of what you just said (including Bobby Cox = overrated) was said in the heat of the moment. I'll wait to judge, becuase I'm sure you'll realize the lunacy of your post in a week or two.

EDIT: If the Yankees fire Joe Torre, I will never root for them as long as I live.

AAA ERA
    Did 'tipping your cap to the other team' ever cross your mind? You can fling all the blame around and point all the fingers. I'll tip my cap to the Angels. They played the Yanks great all year and they got 'em when it counted. The Yanks will get them next year. Give credit when credit is due!
    I'm not concerned about the Angels right now, they did a good job and congrats to them but we killed ourselves especially the fraud 3B we have. TRULY great players step up in big games, DRod has proven he is nto a truly great player.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I'm not concerned about the Angels right now, they did a good job and congrats to them but we killed ourselves especially the fraud 3B we have. TRULY great players step up in big games, DRod has proven he is nto a truly great player.
    I guess making A-Rod the scapegoat is your way of mourning. If he didn't have the year he did, then the Yanks probably aren't even in the playoffs at all. And don't give me your "We made the playoffs with out A-Rod" crap. The Yanks also had a staff of Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens, David Wells, and Mike Mussina the last time they saw the series. Even the casual fan can point out that the Yanks starting pitching was the flaw that held them down this year.

It is all in your expectations.

Anyone that calls someone an "idiot" for having an opinion that is clearly explained, is a moron and complete piece of trash.

I don't expect people to agree and respect that I explain my view point.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Anyone who thinks Torre should be fired and that Bobby Cox is overrated is just an idiot plain and simple. Torre never gave up on this team and looked where ti got them. Bobby Cox turned two franchises around and has won 14 straight division titles.

Guess what- I still feel Bobby Cox is severely overrated. A mark of great team is the World Championships, not just division titles.

Kudos to Cox for turning the Braves around even with the "3" divisions in each league, but are the Braves aiming just to play a series or two extra in October or are they setting their goal to win it all? 1 Title in 14 years. A sesational cast of starting pitching at least at one time.

I realize that a team no matter how much $$$ is put into it can win every year. I also realize how spoiled Yankee fans became after the run 1996-2000 4 World Titles. It just seems that the tools to continue the run have improved and the performance has not. I point my finger at the motivation or motivator.

I would hope that Torre is treated with respect if removed. I would like him reassigned in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    ..If the shoe fits....

Your post pretty much spoke for itself. I think most of what you just said (including Bobby Cox = overrated) was said in the heat of the moment. I'll wait to judge, becuase I'm sure you'll realize the lunacy of your post in a week or two.

EDIT: If the Yankees fire Joe Torre, I will never root for them as long as I live.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    It is all in your expectations.

Anyone that calls someone an "idiot" for having an opinion that is clearly explained, is a moron and complete piece of trash.

I don't expect people to agree and respect that I explain my view point.
    Opinions based on trash is trash and that's what you have my friend. Your explainations are just not valid.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And as to the thread you closed, no one disagreed that Arod sucked ass. Everyone except nyjunc agreed that it is not Arod's fault the Yanks lost. Most of the Yankees sucked ass and that's why they lost.

AAA ERA
    I guess making A-Rod the scapegoat is your way of mourning. If he didn't have the year he did, then the Yanks probably aren't even in the playoffs at all. And don't give me your "We made the playoffs with out A-Rod" crap. The Yanks also had a staff of Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemens, David Wells, and Mike Mussina the last time they saw the series. Even the casual fan can point out that the Yanks starting pitching was the flaw that held them down this year.
    He is paid to produce in big games and hasn't done it? Was I a little harsh/ Maybe but you have to understand emotions are high when we were just eliminated but I am sick of him coming up small in big spots.

AAA ERA
    They just played John Sterling's radio call of the A-Rod double play from last night on WFAN. So funny. It was like a minute of dead air. Heheheh...Sterling..

AAA ERA
    They just played John Sterling's radio call of the A-Rod double play from last night on WFAN. So funny. It was like a minute of dead air. Heheheh...Sterling..
    yeah I heard it

Opinions are to each their own.

What would a Giant's fan know about excellence or what championship caliber mean? Let alone the great things an organization like the Yankees have stood for over the last century.

Opinions based on trash is trash and that's what you have my friend. Your explainations are just not valid.

It was closed because I got tired of the posts namely by you attacking NYJunc because he disagreed with you.

And as to the thread you closed, no one disagreed that Arod sucked ass. Everyone except nyjunc agreed that it is not Arod's fault the Yanks lost. Most of the Yankees sucked ass and that's why they lost.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sorry if I expected more from some people. NYjunc said he went overboard and I can accept that now. it wasn't one sided attacking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456