Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Angels

AAA ERA
    Well the season is abou over b/c our overpaid, underproducing bats have been shut down yet again. We get a great pitching performance from Chacon but it's wasted b/c we faced Sandy Koufas... I mean John lackey. I'm so sick of our "great" offense coming up small in the postseason every year. Time to clean house and get rid of guys like DRod who just can't produce in the postseason, matsui also needs to go or become a full time DH as he is a disgraceful fielder, posada should have been gone years ago(although he has played well tonight- the onyl one besides Chacon to show up). We should have swept this series but instead we'll be out in 4.

AAA ERA
    We finally got to lackey cutting the lead to 2-1 in the bot of the 6th, there are 2 out and a runner on 1st.

AAA ERA
    Tie game 2-2! Ruben comes up big w/ the pinch hit single, 1st and 3rd w/ 1 out for Jeter.

AAA ERA
    Yanks up 3-2!!!! 1st and 2nd w/ 1 out bot of the 7th.

AAA ERA
    Mariano gets a 1-2-3 8th, we head to the bot of the 8th up 1.

AAA ERA
    Yankees win 3-2! mariano gets final 6 in order and we had back to Anaheim for Game 5 tomorrow night!

AAA ERA
    You're quick to throw around the "intolerance" card while not tolerating someone that disagrees with you. I won't tolerate intolerance anymore!

You're allowed to second guess the manager after the fact. After all, hind sight is always 20-20. Its called being a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Cry when the Yankees lose? Say it the way it is. I expect more out what they have accomplished since 2001. 2001 was the last great managerial job by Torre.
    So by your standard Bobby Cox hasn't had a good managerial job since 1995?

Blaming your precieved lack of success this year on Joe Torre alone is a little odd, but I'll listen to it. Calling for his job is completely irrational. Its the same song anytime the Yankees lose a game. You just rant and rave about Torre and A-Rod. I can't wait for Mussina to lock up the Angels and send the Bombers to the ALCS if for nothing else than to shut up your belly-aching.

A little optimism wouldn't kill you!!!!

AAA ERA
    Come on guys, let's be happy they won and we have another Game tonight.

AAA ERA
    I'm thrilled, bro. I don't get the same vibe from the pessimism in this thread.

I'll be watching the game tonight expecting the Yanks to come out on top. Our team has improvements to be made, but they can definitely beat the Angels tonight. Go Yankees!

AAA ERA
    Things looked good in the top of the 2nd, Colon came out and Ervin Santan was wild but a botched sign cost us Cano on a hit and run where Bernie didn't hit so Santana would walk the next 2 and instead of loaded bases w/ 0 out we had 1st and 2nd w/ 1 out. We wound up scoring 2(once again no thanks to the overpaid DRod who is definitely not an MVP) instead of 4-5 and the Angels took the lead w/ 3 in the bot of the 3rd as Moose is looking like typical big game Moose.

AAA ERA
    After 2 1/2 it's still 3-2 LAAofA.

AAA ERA
    Now we are down 5-2 w/ runners on 1st and 2nd w/ 2 out as Randy johnson comes in.

AAA ERA
    Randy gets out of it w/ no further damage, after 3 it's 5-2 Angels.

AAA ERA
    Yanks go down meekly, mid 4th still 5-2.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast