Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Angels

AAA ERA
    top of 4

-erstad doubles(get the big bust out of this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    -Quinlan singles, 1st and 3rd w/ 0 out. The Big Bust is out, Small is in.
    -Kennedy Strikes out, 1 away.
    -Figgins grounds into DP.

it remains 5-0.

AAA ERA
    Bot 4th

-Matsui Homers, 5-1 Angels.
    -Cano reaches on infield single. Runner on 1st w/ 0 out.
    -Bernie singles, 1st and 2nd w/ 0 out.
    -Tino grounds out, runners advance. 2nd and 3rd w/ 1 out.
    -Flaherty is pinch hit for by Posada, Posada grounds out and a run scores. 5-2 Angels.
    -Jeter singles, 5-3 Angels. Runner on 1st w/ 2 out.
    -DRod walks. 1st and 2nd w/ 2 out. byrd out, Donnelly in.
    -Giambi singles thanks to the shift, 5-4 Angels. 1st and 3rd w/ 2 out.
    -Sheff lines out, GREAT play by Figgins.

After 4, 5-4 Angels.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Yanks have made it a game again

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Yanks have made it a game again
    Yep, hopefully Small can keep his magic working.

AAA ERA
    Top 5

-Cabrera flies out
    -Vlad grounds out
    -Molina grounds out.

After 4 1/2, still 5-4 Angels.

AAA ERA
    Bot 5th

-Matsui walks. Runner on 1st w/ 0 out.
    -Cano doubles, heads to 3rd on throw home as Matsui scores. 5-5! runner on 3rd w/ 0 out. Donnelly replaced by Shields.
    -Bernie sac fly. 6-5 Yanks!
    -Tino strikes out. 2 away.
    -Posada strikes out.

after 5 it's 6-5 Yanks.

AAA ERA
    Top 6

-Anderson flies out.
    -Rivera doubles, runner on 2nd w/ 1 out.
    -Erstad singles, 6-6. Runner on 1st w/ 1 out.
    -Quinlan is pinch hit for by Finley. Finley strikes out swinging. 2 away w/a runner on 1st.
    -Kennedy gets a bloop single. 1st and 3rd w/ 2 out.
    -Figgins singles, Angels up 7-6. 1st and 3rd w/ 2 out. Small out, Sturtze in.
    -Cabrera flies out.

After 5 1/2 it's 7-6 Angels.

AAA ERA
    Bot 6th

-Jeter strikes out swinging.
    -DRod singles. runner on 1st w/ 1 out.
    -Giambi strikes out swinging. 2 away.
    -Sheff walks. 1st and 2nd w/ 2 out.
    -Matsui walks. Bases loaded w/ 2 out.
    -Cano flis out.

After 6 it's 7-6 Angels.

AAA ERA
    Top of the 7th, Gordon in.

-Vlad w/ a long single, great play by matsui holding him to 1. Runner on 1st w/ 0 out.
    -Molina is HBP. 1st and 2nd w/ 0 out. Molina is hurt, brother Jose comes in to pinch run.
    -Anderson singles, 8-6 Angels. i'm going to bed. Gordon sucks and h better be off this team next year.

Excuse me if I don't finish my plate of crow.

The 2005 Yankees = Big Disappointment.

Nice Job Unit and then Gordon. I think mabe Torre can use a pair of glasses. It wasn't just the spots Unit was missing...his pitches had nothing on them. That is why the HR's occured.
    I would also like to know in a tight game, why he stayed with Small as long as he did? Good job on giving the lead back. I agree nothing he could do about Gordon, but he stuck with the Big Unit and Small for too long.

At this point with all of the disappointment this year, I am not even sure I care if the pain ends today. I just believe this is a better team than what they have shown. The LAA Angels and Chiacago Whitesox should not be able to take us out, IMO.

AAA ERA
    Gordon has got to go, he just cannot pitch in october and our suppsoed AL MVP is haaving a whale of a series w/ ZERO RBI and 1 run scored in addition to that great defensive play and caught stealing that killed us in Game 2.

AAA ERA
    I would also like to know in a tight game, why he stayed with Small as long as he did?
    Can't fault him for that, Small was pitching well and got us out of that huge jam plus who was he going to go to?

A good manager has got to sense or know when a pitcher is at the end. Torre does not do that well. Small got us out of the jam but that was prior.

Sturtze and Leiter were warming up. I would have had Leiter pitch to the left hander.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Can't fault him for that, Small was pitching well and got us out of that huge jam plus who was he going to go to?

AAA ERA
    You're Monday morning quarterbacking is so annoying RLA. Get off of Joe Torre. You're just looking for someone or something to cry about when the Yankees lose. The series is not over yet, so save it. You sound completely irrational. If you want to blame someone start with Randy throwing puss on Friday night. If he makes good start we're closing this series out tonight.

Since we are the subject of annoying:

Your intolence for others opinions is extremely annoying. It is shame that you can't understand other's points.

1. Yes, if Randy Johnson would pitched as he did down the stretch, it would be a mute point.

2. My Monday morning Quarterbacking...gee is no one allowed to second a manager? Small was sensational in coming in and shutting down LAA initially but he obviously did not have it when they started hitting him hard. I second guess why he was in the pen to begin with. He was so effective as a starter.

3. Cry when the Yankees lose? Say it the way it is. I expect more out what they have accomplished since 2001. 2001 was the last great managerial job by Torre. After 2001, we started getting the high priced free agents and have accomplished less. Is Torre as motivated as he was in 1996 and 1998? Or is it a problem with motivating the group he has? We have 2 Former MVPs ARod and Giambi, I believe Sheffield was a runner up, Matsui was an MVP in Japan...Our top five hitters are as good as anyone probably top six with Cano. I am 36 years old not 16. I was a rabid fan in the 70's as well as the dismal 80's and early 90's. I appreciate the success we have achieved especially compared to other franchises.

Disappointment and frustration are a part of being a fan. Using the term "cry" is an insult to me as not only a strong Yankee fan but as a adult individual. I was around when we lost to Boston last year. No excuses. I have been around consistently this year. I hold a higher standard for what I expect. Is that wrong?

I am aware the series is not over, but I disagree with specific things that have put us in a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    You're Monday morning quarterbacking is so annoying RLA. Get off of Joe Torre. You're just looking for someone or something to cry about when the Yankees lose. The series is not over yet, so save it. You sound completely irrational. If you want to blame someone start with Randy throwing puss on Friday night. If he makes good start we're closing this series out tonight.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast