Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees win the AL East!

Playoff experience is overrated.

What did Jeter have in 1996? How about Rivera? Bernie Williams? They all have to start somewhere.

Look at all the experience that the great 3 Zito, Hudson, and Mulder had before they were disbanded. Ever win a series?

Florida in 2003 is another great example.

Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Smalls and Chacon have no playoff experience. I wouldn't be too comfortable.

Come talk when your team does something.

I was in boston this weekend and they were all hardcore. Glad that the yankees could stop the sawks

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24
    Come talk when your team does something.
    Not like your team has done anything lately...yeah I know that's old but I still love saying it. Hope the trend continues.

Thank you and good luck to your A's. Billy Beane is the man just remember that.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    And it took 161 games, geez. What an unbelievable accomplishment for a $200 million team. Congratulations.
    It's amazing we were even in the race w/ all of our pitching injuries.

Congrats to the 2005 American League Eastern Division Champions!

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Playoff experience is overrated.

What did Jeter have in 1996? How about Rivera? Bernie Williams? They all have to start somewhere.

Look at all the experience that the great 3 Zito, Hudson, and Mulder had before they were disbanded. Ever win a series?

Florida in 2003 is another great example.
    Jeter & mariano and most of that team had the experience of that tough 5 game loss to Seattle the year before. I agree it can be overrated but in most cases in the last 15 years or so teams have had to have playoff failure before actually winning it all w/ the exception of the '97 & '03 Marlins and '02 Angels.

Going along with that, outside of Small and Chacon, who doesn't have playoff experience?

Our regulars other than Cano, have all been to at least been to the ALCS let alone World Series and or even won it.

Pitching wise, Randy will be our anchor. Moose, Wright, Gordon, and Rivera have plenty of experience. Not that I want to see much of Moose or Wright let alone Leiter but there is plenty of experience.

The coaching staff is loaded with the "experience".

I still say it is overrated. No one should crack under the pressure. Just being on the Yankees is pressure enough let alone fighting to get into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Jeter & mariano and most of that team had the experience of that tough 5 game loss to Seattle the year before. I agree it can be overrated but in most cases in the last 15 years or so teams have had to have playoff failure before actually winning it all w/ the exception of the '97 & '03 Marlins and '02 Angels.

AAA ERA
    Do you still want Joe fired, RLA? Ready eat your crow yet?

Banned
    ERA
    Call NASA
    Congrats to the Yankees, joek, and the WIN METHOD for another successful playoff run. Can we take another step.

I will take a spoonful helping for now.

Let's talk after the men are spearated from the boys in the next round or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Do you still want Joe fired, RLA? Ready eat your crow yet?

Banned
    ERA
    Call NASA
    You never need to eat crow for expressing an opinion. You may be right if the manager played a position or batted, or never had any success. But when you win as much as Torre does, I find it hard to knock him. I wonder at some decisions once in awhile, but he is the one on the field and with the players. I figure, he knows best as to why and when. I do like the Yankees starting the playoffs in LA, that way they can clinch at home.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl on October 1
    Just unbelieveable.

Well they'll get bounced in the first round anyway. No way that pitching makes it to the WS.

I don't think the pitching can be blamed. Chacon and Small were very respectful.

RJ in his start and Moose in his 2nd start killed us as well as our big bats that produced through the regular season...ARod, Sheff and Matsui.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12