Thread: Yankees Trade for Brandon Drury

MLB ERA

Yankees Yankees Trade for Brandon Drury

I think this is a great move for the Yankees. Drury is solid and can play both 3B and 2B. Great move, Cashman. The Yankees have had great success with infielders coming over from the Diamondbacks.

Arizona got a good outfielder, too.

In addition to Souza, the D-backs acquired right-hander Taylor Widener, the Yankees' No. 14 prospect. The 23-year-old went 7-8 with a 3.39 ERA in 27 starts for Class A Advanced Tampa.

Drury became expendable because of Arizona's surplus of middle infielders, but the 25-year-old fills a need for New York. He played mainly second base for the D-backs last season, but he can also play third. Drury's ability to play both positions gives the Yankees the flexibility to fill the other slot with either top prospect Gleyber Torres or No. 5 prospect Miguel Andujar. Drury hit .267 with 13 home runs and 63 RBIs in 135 games in 2017.

The Yankees also sent their No. 8 prospect, Nick Solak, to the Rays. The 23-year-old second baseman who hit .297 with 12 home runs and 53 RBIs in 130 games split between Class A Advanced and Double-A Trenton in 2017.
    D-backs, Yankees, Rays make three-team trade | MLB.com
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Re: Yankees Trade for Brandon Drury

Makes me think a trade for a SP is still out there with their overabundance of young talented players at 3B, and 2B.

Miguel Andujar
    Gleyber Torres
    Tyler Wade
    Thairo Estrada

Gotta figure one of these guys will be traded (hint: It won't be Torres).
    Last edited by Bizkit; 02-21-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA

It doesn't seem like Andujar is going to get moved either. Cashman and Boone both seem to think really highly of him.. and so do I. I really like him and I hope he sticks around long term.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    It doesn't seem like Andujar is going to get moved either. Cashman and Boone both seem to think really highly of him.. and so do I. I really like him and I hope he sticks around long term.
    I wouldn't trade him. Maybe his glove isn't there yet, but I sure as hell rather see Andujar's bat in the lineup than Drury's.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076