Thread: Wright had a tough time against Os

Wright had a tough time against Os

MLB.com: Wright pitches horribly against Orioles

NEW YORK -- When Jaret Wright took the mound on Friday night, he felt surprisingly relaxed. The nervous energy that he had anticipated never came, replaced instead by calmness, despite the fact that he was about to make his first start in a New York Yankees uniform.

Perhaps a bit of adrenaline would have been helpful for Wright, who was roughed up for six runs in four-plus innings in a 12-5 Yankees loss to the Baltimore Orioles.

"I just didn't have good stuff," Wright said. "They took advantage of a lot of mistakes."

I'll be expecting a better next game from him. He probably had to deal with nerves on his first start, but he'll get use to it. He's a great pitcher, and had a good last season in Atlanta.

He won't come near the Atlanta season last year, but he'll get 13-14 wins, at about a 4.35 ERA.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I ould be thrilled with a 4.35 era. If he could do that then he will win more like 16-18 games.

I think his era will hover around 4.75.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    He won't come near the Atlanta season last year, but he'll get 13-14 wins, at about a 4.35 ERA.