Thread: Yankees-Orioles Game Thread

MLB ERA

Yankees-Orioles Game Thread

Almost game time about 10 minutes. I am going to watch it on MLB Gameday. How are you guys going to watch it/listen to the game?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

As of right now, Ill watch it if it's on TV. But I'm having very bad neck pains right now, and the TV is to my right, which coincidentally is the onyl way I can't turn because my head hurts.

Just checked, no yankees on tonight. I'll probably be checking scores on Yahoo! and such.

I know it is game 4 of a 162 game season but why do we aways have at the bottom of our rotation guys that give up 6+ runs to anyone and everyone?

Wright showed that it was a great move to not resign Lieber. All Lieber did season was prove he can pitch in NY and get it done against playoff caliber teams. I want to support him as I do Karsay but excuse me if I vent each time they combine to give up 8-10 runs.

Rookie ERA
    Shocking pitching today. Even your releivers were crap. Maybe Baltimore was just in the zone :s.

Baltimore may make another early season push and then fade away? What do you think?

Banned
    Rookie ERA
    It would be great for us to win this series. Chen vs RJ tommorow, Lopez vs Pavano on Sunday.

The hitting was on fire today Tejada, Roberts, Matos....

Ponson pitched pretty well.

I'm surprised that Wright didn't do so well. He was a great pitcher in Atlanta, and I expected better from him. Hopefully he gets it together, and next game he pitches, he pitches well.

Rookie ERA
    It's only one game. He will get better i'm sure.

Rookie ERA
    Wright's a solid pitcher. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team. The Orioles have one of the best offenses in either league.

Yep, the O's can put 10 up against anyone on a given night.

I will agree that I see them sticking around until around All Star break. I don't think they are deep enough to continue the race at the half way point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Killer
    Wright's a solid pitcher. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team. The Orioles have one of the best offenses in either league.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Great win for the Yankees...lucky break though that Tejada didn't make a Jeter-esque play on Matsui's bloop double.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Yep, the O's can put 10 up against anyone on a given night.

I will agree that I see them sticking around until around All Star break. I don't think they are deep enough to continue the race at the half way point.
    Can't argue with that. It's tough to have any expectations, since the starting pitching is a complete unknown.

What I am looking for this year is to just be competitive with New York and Boston, and hope that both of those teams start to begin a down cycle. I can already see encouraging signs for all of those things.

It starts by taking it series by series. The nice thing is the wildcard when you have 2 powerhouses. Maybe one will stumble due to injuries or whatever and they can slip in there.

Baltimore may be a stumbling block(for the Yankees) with that underrated offense. My concern for them is a lack of pitching and depth. Although Sammy Sosa has not broken out and they could(should) have swept us with Johnson and Pavano as 2 of the 3 pitchers.

Well it is early but we will see.