Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daddy is back!!!

MLB ERA

Daddy is back!!!

That's right, Giambino is back and there's a lot of Yankee fans eating some healthy portions of crow. I couldn't be happier for the guy as long as he's beating up on the likes of the Angels and Red Sux. For any Yankee fan that was riding the guy without ever meeting him I hope it hurts while at the same time it pleases. He's always been a class guy and he always stopped and made time for the fans while in Oakland. While he may get booed in Oakland while wearing pinstripes, we would NEVER have booed him for struggling at the plate and I guarantee you there are a lot of A's fans that were secretly awaiting his rebound. Now I will not make excuses for what he did but he did man-up and take his shots. It's obvious that the roids screwed him up for awhile but what's even more obvious is that he CAN rake without the juice. So look out AL East because daddy is back and he's pissed.

Nice work against the Halos New York.

General ♥ Giambino
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    That's right, Giambino is back and there's a lot of Yankee fans eating some healthy portions of crow. I couldn't be happier for the guy as long as he's beating up on the likes of the Angels and Red Sux. For any Yankee fan that was riding the guy without ever meeting him I hope it hurts while at the same time it pleases. He's always been a class guy and he always stopped and made time for the fans while in Oakland. While he may get booed in Oakland while wearing pinstripes, we would NEVER have booed him for struggling at the plate and I guarantee you there are a lot of A's fans that were secretly awaiting his rebound. Now I will not make excuses for what he did but he did man-up and take his shots. It's obvious that the roids screwed him up for awhile but what's even more obvious is that he CAN rake without the juice. So look out AL East because daddy is back and he's pissed.

Nice work against the Halos New York.

My criticism has always been about Giambi the baseball player and i have been very critical of him since he signed and rightfully so. I also wrote hi off and wanted him gone earlier this year, I am VERY happy I was wrong. he is looking like the MVP he once was and the guy we thought we were signing but have never seen in a Yankee uniform.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    he is looking like the MVP he once was and the guy we thought we were signing but have never seen in a Yankee uniform.
    Huh? He hit 41 homers in his first 2 seasons in NY and had over 100 RBIs

Code:
    SEASON  G  AB  R  H  2B  HR  RBI  TB  BB  SO  OBP  SLG  AVG
    2002 155 560 120 176 34 41 122 335 109 112 .435 .598 .314 
    2003 156 535 97 134 25 41 107 282 129 140 .412 .527 .250

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Huh? He hit 41 homers in his first 2 seasons in NY and had over 100 RBIs

Code:
    SEASON  G  AB  R  H  2B  HR  RBI  TB  BB  SO  OBP  SLG  AVG
    2002 155 560 120 176 34 41 122 335 109 112 .435 .598 .314 
    2003 156 535 97 134 25 41 107 282 129 140 .412 .527 .250
    he hit .250 in 2003, that was un-Giambi-MVP like and in '02 his #s were better than he actually played. he was good but not great, now he is putting fear into opposing pitchers again.

MLB ERA
    both seasons he had over 100 walks and an OBP of over .400...seems like some were afraid, no?

AAA ERA
    both seasons he had over 100 walks and an OBP of over .400...seems like some were afraid, no?
    He was not playing like he is now especially in '03. In '02 he ws as clsoe to the good Giambi as we have seen but it has been going downhill ever since until the last 2 mos.

MLB ERA
    Last year he sucked and up until recently he sucked, but 2002 and 2003 were good enough years. You can't expect any player to produce their best year every single season...there's gonna be some backslide
    Last edited by Providence A's; 08-01-2005 at 03:41 PM. Reason: I meant "can't", not "can"

AAA ERA
    Last year he sucked and up until recently he sucked, but 2002 and 2003 were good enough years. You can expect any player to produce their best year every single season...there's gonna be some backslide
    he wasn't as good as he was his last few years w/ the A's, it had been a rapid and steady decline since he got here until the last 2 mos. he hit .342 in 2001 then we signed him and it went down to .314 then .250 then .208. His power #s stayed up his first 2 years here but that had more to do w/ the ballpark. When we signed him he hit for a high average, hit for power, high OB, and high RBI. His RBI total was good year 1 then went down dignificantly in '03. His K totals also skyrocketed, his career high prior to being a yank was 106 in 1999 but he had 112 his 1st yr then 140 in '03 b/c he was just trying to hit HRs. yeah he hit a bunch but we didn't just need a bopper, we needed the real Giambi and that has finally surfaced recently.

MLB ERA
    Georgie got his man then, didn't he? What can ya do, shouldn't have given him that long of a deal IMO.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    He'll fall off just like Tino did after he had a hot month. Sorry ADH, I have absolutely no love for Giambi. He showed his true colors when his greedy ass lied about wanting to stay in Oakland and bolted for NY. I'm not trying to wish him bad, it's a good story that he's rebounded the way he has, but I wonder how long he can keep it up.

#1. He sucks defensively.
    #2. Yes, he has been a big disappointment the first couple of years despite 40 hrs, not the MVPesque numbers overall that he did in Oakland.
    #3. Where was he earlier this year? He was great in July but he was one of the reasons we sucked in the first half with his .220 batting average.

So, in conclusion there is no crow on my plate. He has not earned his paycheck...yet. If he keeps it up he may earn it by taking us to the promised land but that is only one year maybe two if you give him 2002 out the first four.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He has been the sparkplug behind the Yankee turnaround. The past is the past and its time to move on. He always wanted to play in NY as was evident by his press conference when he signed so to be upset that he "lied" to the A's is ridiculous. Has he earned his paycheck? Hell no but we all knew that was going to be the case. He is doing great now and has changed his approach at the plate. Tino wasn't getting on base like Giambi is.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    He'll fall off just like Tino did after he had a hot month. Sorry ADH, I have absolutely no love for Giambi. He showed his true colors when his greedy ass lied about wanting to stay in Oakland and bolted for NY. I'm not trying to wish him bad, it's a good story that he's rebounded the way he has, but I wonder how long he can keep it up.
    No worries. Like I said, I think those A's fans that agree with me have probably met Jason so our opinion of him is quite different from those that haven't met him.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    He has been the sparkplug behind the Yankee turnaround. The past is the past and its time to move on. He always wanted to play in NY as was evident by his press conference when he signed so to be upset that he "lied" to the A's is ridiculous. Has he earned his paycheck? Hell no but we all knew that was going to be the case. He is doing great now and has changed his approach at the plate. Tino wasn't getting on base like Giambi is.
    I have moved on but it's not like I'm gonna forget what he did and act like everything is all good now. I'll still boo his fat ass every time the Yanks come to Oakland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast