Thread: What is up?

Rookie ERA

What is up?

Mariano Rivera has blown how many consecutive saves? I am pretty sure it is 4, 2 this year. What is up with Mariano? Has his reign a one of the top closers come to the end? Should the Yanks look at their minor leagues for a possible closer here in the next year or so? Does anybody have any idea what is wrong and what should happen?
    http://www.tmfsl.biz/Photos/big2.jpg

Yankees=World Series Title

MLB ERA
    You were the same guy that worried he was done after he gave up that bloop single to lose the World Series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1st thing wrong... he relies on the cutter too much. The Sox move up to the front of the batters box, to allow them to get on the ball, before it cuts. When that happens, he should throw that 94 fastball, which he's only thrown 2-3 times this year.

2nd thing wrong... he's thinking too much. The 2nd blown save against the Sox, he was so scared to miss his spot, he was trying to place it in Posada's glove. Yes, he was literally scared.

I have no issue with Hammer's replies. I would also like to see less of the cutter vs the RedSox. I even suggest another pitch besides his fastball.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    I have no issue with Hammer's replies. I would also like to see less of the cutter vs the RedSox. I even suggest another pitch besides his fastball.
    sorry i havent been on lately, i have been sick and i have had games the past week. you know i wouldn't mind seeing Rivera throwing something different than a cutter. what about a curve or slider?
    http://www.tmfsl.biz/Photos/big2.jpg

Yankees=World Series Title

He has a decent fastball but a slider or sinker might be worth a try.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    My biggest issue in the second blown save was his control. I've never seen him that wild before...if he can locate his pitches in the strike zone, he'll be fine.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I won't disagree totally. One thing is that if he continues with one pitch...look at how Boston sat on Randy's stuff last night. They do the same thing for Mo.

Rookie ERA
    The bad news is, Rivera looks like he's lost it.

The good news is, he probably won't get as many chances to blow saves this year.

Not many of our players are looking good right now.