Thread: ARod Out 4-6 Weeks

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees ARod Out 4-6 Weeks

Alex Rodriguez will have surgery Monday to repair a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
    The Yankees left the decision of whether to have surgery now or wait until after the season up to A-Rod and he elected to take care of it immediately. It seems like the right call, as New York won't be crippled by his absence for the next month. Eduardo Nunez should get most of the at-bats at the hot corner, with Ramiro Pena also picking up some plate appearances.
    Pretty big blow to the Yankees who sit a game back in the AL East. ARod was hitting .295 with a .852 OPS, 13 HRs and 52 RBI. Yankees are definitely going to miss that production. This is a good opportunity for the Rays to make their push and the Red Sox to get further out in first. We shall see.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: ARod Out 4-6 Weeks

Swisher is banged up, Colon probably isn't fully healthy, and time will only tell with Jeter. They're pretty beat up, should be a continued heated race in the AL East
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: ARod Out 4-6 Weeks

This is tough news for the Yankees.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon