Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorge Posada fiasco

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jorge Posada fiasco

Bobby V said it best when he said if the manager pencils you in the lineup, you play! Posada has no business trying to play manager. If Posada needed a day off or had a bad back, he should have told that to Girardi way before game time. I am not buying the Posada excuses one bit.

Rookie ERA

I 'm not buying the excuses either now that he has "apologized" to Hank (yeah, I'm sorry for being a whiny baby when I'm not helping the team), to Brian (yeah, I'm sorry I basically called you a liar when it was really me) and to Joe (yeah, I'm sorry that I forgot that you're the manager, not me). All I can say is he dang lucky the BOSS is gone, cause I doubt it would have been so easy to smooth over with him.

AAA ERA

I have never been a big Posada fan, we knew this was going to be his last year w/ the yanks thankfully. W/ his actions I'd like to let him go but it doesn't make sense to pay him all that to do nothing. Make him sit on the bench the rest of the year or maybe he'll begin to act like a pro and understand his best days are long behind him and he can be a contributor as a part time player.

Rookie ERA

I’ve actually always liked Posada. I was a bit miffed at one of our own commentators last night though for saying that Jorge was a “stand up guy” for apologizing..a stand up guy doesn’t feign an injury in the first place. Now if you want to say good for him that he swallowed his pride, he had a brain cramp and lost it, admitted it and then apologized …then I agree.

One thing though that I will give Posada is if what I heard on MLB network is true that he found out from the pressmen that he had been moved down before being told by Girardi, then I can sympathize a little more about being incensed. Nobody outside should be informed of this stuff before those involved. That was a shitty way to handle it and it is a little more understandable that things just snowballed into fiasco. I still don’t think it was just cause for Jorge to actually pretend he was hurt, no matter how he was treated or told.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12