Thread: Belated drama

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yankees Belated drama

I love that stuff like this comes out ..now, and in some cases, years later, to get some rise or stir the pot, just cause? So Derek Jeter is slumping, so now's a good time to bring this to light. Again.

Contract talks damaged Derek Jeter-Brian Cashman relationship - ESPN New York

2006 for Christ's sake!

O'Connor's book demonstrates other awkward Jeter-Cashman moments. When the relationship between Jeter and Alex Rodriguez was at its coldest in 2006, the two came together for a dropped pop-up in a blowout loss to the Orioles. After the ball fell harmlessly to the dirt, Jeter gave A-Rod a death stare in full view of everyone in the ballpark.

Then-manager Joe Torre would scold the third baseman and shortstop for the drop, but Cashman asked his manager to do more. The GM asked Torre to talk to Jeter about improving his relationship with A-Rod. When Torre declined, Cashman confronted Jeter himself.

"Listen, this has to stop," the GM told the captain. "Everybody in the press box, every team official, everyone watching, they saw you look at the ball on the ground and look at him with disgust like you were saying, 'That's your mess, you clean it up.'"
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Belated drama

According to my sources, Jeter is no longer the leader of the team.

Apparently, Teixeira and Sabathia lead the hitters and pitchers respectively, with Burnett and Swisher being the clowns.

However, a Captain's job isn't to be "rah rah," or manage from the field, but to lead by example. And while Jeter, like any other human, has his gripes, dislikes and feelings of the political maneuvers of a ball club, he is a consummate professional.

He is phenomenal in press conferences, loves and is close to the fans, and is an iconic figure for five championship teams.

Cashman and him are very likely in a feud, but so what? Baseball, and the Yankees, are bigger then both of those men. It's a franchise, it's a way of life, it's an ideology; and just like when Billy, Reggie and Thurman didn't all see eye to eye, no one except for the media truly cared because the Yankees were

(cue joek)

WINNING

MLB ERA

As far as Ian O'Connor, Brian Cashman, and all the other idiots who went in on this, fucking classless. Steinbrenner would've eaten this up, but don't do it to Jeter.

MLB ERA

Jeter has killed us (the A's).

Please retire Derek.