Thread: Opening Day - I'll Be There! Tigers @ Yankees

MLB ERA

Yankees Opening Day - I'll Be There! Tigers @ Yankees

Well.. As everyone already basically knows.. the Yankees open the season this Thursday with the Tigers. Game one is scheduled to start at 1:05 PM. This will be my first ever time going to New York and the first Yankees game I have ever been to. I'll be sitting 30 rows up during game one on the third base line. I will more than likely be going to 2 of the 3 Tigers game and catch the Twins game on Monday before I head back home to Idaho. I know most of you guys could care less but this is gonna be the best week of my life! Haha I've always wanted to do this and it's only a few days away now.

The games are going to be great.. Opening Day has always been a monumental day to me but this one by far will be the best. I will be posting pics of the games and sharing this once in a lifetime trip with you guys! Is anyone else going to Opening Day for any other team?

The season is almost here fellas! Can't wait.

Rookie ERA

Re: Opening Day - I'll Be There! Tigers @ Yankees

Hey Buck, you should try to schedule a tour for one of the days if they have spots available, it's like $20-$25 and well worth it. You might be able to get into the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch/early dinner, it's cool.

I am going to the Rays home opener Friday against the O's, maybe the game on Saturday, too.

Happy Opening Day/Night everone!!

AAA ERA

Have fun buck, hopefully the weather holds out and the game gets played.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Already seen enough of this in the box score. Likely many more this year.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the 8th and 9th should be downright boring for the Yankees this year. Obviously not a bad thing.

How did you enjoy the game Buck?

MLB ERA
    The games were awesome! Everything I could imagine and more.. The weather thankfully wasn't too bad. I was able to make it to 4 games while I was there. I will post more about it and some pics later. I'm stuck in the Laguardia airport waiting for my flight. I was delayed 2 and a half hours and I still have a 2 hour layover in Chicago. Gonna be a long day! NY was amazing though.. I loved it here. Can't wait to come back.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

The outside of the stadium.

Me on the right.. My buddy on the left. The game was cold as shit!

MLB ERA

MLB ERA

The games were awesome.. Opening day was freezing cold but it was definitely worth it! Yankees Stadium was definitely everything I expected and more. On opening day I was in the 30th row so I had some pretty decent seats. The second game I sat in the short porch in right about 2 rows up in the second deck. Third game I sat up in the highest level (had to get a cheap ticket one of the days) right behind home plate. The fourth and final game against the Twins I sat 5 rows up down on the RF line. I never really had a bad seat. I was actually really surprised at how every where I sat.. Was a good seat.

The Yankees looked good while I was there though.. I was able to make it to 4 games while I was there and they won 3 of the 4 that I was at. Martin actually was a nice surprise.Not only did he hit the ball very well but he also was a very good situational hitter. Girardi put on the hit and run and he took the ball and poked it right up the right field side of the diamond and advance the base runner to third. I was able to see Rivera come in three times and that was just pure awesomeness. When Enter Sandman starts to play that place goes nuts! Teixeira has started off great.. Every Yankee (that was in the starting lineup) hit a HR while I was there except Swisher, Jeter and Gardner.

I was also able to get a little glimpse onto ESPN haha but if you wouldn't have been looking for me.. You wouldn't have been able to see me. It was only a few seconds and it wasn't the easiest thing to notice.

Monument Park was also something that I can't describe in words.. I honestly had chills the entire time I was in there.. That's all I can say about that place. The Yankee Museum was also breath taking. So much history.. Unbelievable.

All in all my trip was probably the best week of my life.. It was my first time being in NY and so it was a completely different experience but it was also the most fun I've ever had. Yankee Stadium was unbelievable but I think I am now broke. I spent wayy too much money. Haha

Seeing Yankee Stadium on TV is just a lot cooler now that I've actually been there and seen everything in person.

Looking forward to watching this team for the rest of the year!

Rookie ERA

Am I the only one that can't see the pictures???