Thread: Andruw Jones?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees Andruw Jones?

According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Yankees are considering Andruw Jones among right-handed hitting outfielders.
    We haven't heard much about Jones this winter, but he could fill a role similar to what Marcus Thames provided for the Bombers last season. Jones, who turns 34 in April, posted a 931 OPS in 102 plate appearances against southpaws in 2010.
    As long as he only played against lefties, it might not be a terrible low cost solution. Amazing that Jones is only 34 and went from one of the best CFers to part-time OFer.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Andruw Jones?

His AB's were limited, but his numbers in August and September were fantastic. Play him off the bench versus lefties and use him as a defensive replacement when needed, and he could give a lot of value for what it would take to sign him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

as long as him and joba dont visit the buffets together.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Could he, Joba, and CC fit in one restaurant at the same time? Is there even a buffet capable of withstanding that onslaught?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Add Dennys Reyes to the team and I am sure some of NY's financial problems would begin to fade.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They just need to swap a hot dog vendor for Pablo Sandoval and the Empire is a new type of dream team.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Yankees are nearing a one-year contract with free agent outfielder Andruw Jones.
    Jones will be asked to serve as the Yankees' fourth outfielder behind starters Brett Gardner, Curtis Granderson and Nick Swisher. He should also see some action at designated hitter when Jorge Posada needs rest. The 33-year-old has lost a step or two defensively, but he crushed left-handed pitching last season and should do well in limited looks this year.
    If used correctly, Jones can be a good fit. Yankees just better hope no starting OFer gets hurt.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Yankees have agreed to terms with Andruw Jones on a one-year, $2 million contract.
    Jones could make another $1.2 million in performance-based incentives. The 33-year-old will be asked to serve as a fourth outfielder and occasional designated hitter for the Yanks this season. While he batted just .230 in Chicago last year, he still managed an impressive .931 OPS against left-handed pitching and should be a good fit as a part-timer in the Bronx.
    The deal is done. Jones will be facing the likes of Buchholz, Price, Romero and Matusz.

MLB ERA

I like this deal. All they need is another Marcus Thames, and while Andruw isnt what he used to be (an all-star), he's also not what he used to be (a shitty single-A player)

I would have preferred Scott Hairston, but this is solid. Can we give Soriano back now and fire Levine?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Whoah! A Sisyphus signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Whoah! A Sisyphus signing!!
    I'm not arguing Nick Swisher and Xavier Nady again though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That's perfectly fine with me