Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees fire pitching coach Dave Eiland

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees fire pitching coach Dave Eiland

During an appearance on Sirius XM's "Mad Dog Radio," Leo Mazzone said he would be interested in being the pitching coach for the Yankees or Mets.
    Mazzone became one of the most respected pitching coaches in the game during the Braves' run in the 90's and early 2000's. After the 2005 season, he turned down interest from the Yankees to join Sam Perlozzo on the Orioles' staff. Things didn't work out quite as well there, as he dismissed after two seasons. The Yankees and Mets are intriguing possibilities, but in truth, he should be on the short-list for any club in need a pitching coach.
    I almost said Mazzone as a joke but went with the more serious David Cone because I think he would make a great pitching coach but he would be no Mazzone. I'd do this in a heartbeat.

MLB ERA

Interesting to read this. Both NY teams have openings at Pitching Coach, and would be decent jobs for Mazzone. I have to wonder whether Sandy Alderson will hire a manager with Mazzone in mind for his staff. As for the Yankees, it wouldn't be a big challenge for Mazzone to coach CC, Pettitte, and Hughes, though Burnett could certainly be a major challenge for him.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Roger Clemens! If Bonds wants to return as a hitting coach, then why can't Clemens be a pitching coach? He'll teach the players the different between a ball and a bat...oh wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12