Thread: Yankees - Rays; The Series That Doesn't Matter

MLB ERA

Yankees Yankees - Rays; The Series That Doesn't Matter

Game 1: CC Sabathia VS David Price

Game 2: Ivan Nova VS Matt Garza

Game 3: Phil Hughes VS James Shields

This series doesn't matter at all, right? Half a game lead is a huge lead and I don't see this series playing much of a factor in deciding who wins the AL East. This one or the 4 game series next week that the Yankees have against the Rays. This is what I say we do.. Have a 1 run lead, hand the ball over to Mo and let him blow it by hitting another batter! Anyone else like that idea?

Seriously though.. Gotta have this series. No other way to put it. We have a harder schedule down the straight than Tampa does so every game at this point matters. Please CC.. for me.. toss a gem tonight. And to you Andy Pettitte.. Please come back soon.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees - Rays; The Series That Doesn't Matter

According to Buster Olney and Jayson Stark this series doesn't matter since they are both going to the playoffs. They want another Wild Card so there is more drama in September to help keep fans away from football. SELL YOUR PRODUCT BETTER MLB!! In case no one noticed there are still races like the NL East, NL West, NL WC and the AL East.!!

MLB ERA

Yeah those other races are just as intense as this one. But in a way you are right; it doesn't matter. But I personally believe it does. I want to see the Yankees win the AL East. Taking the WC would be nice but having the AL East crown would be even better. That race out in the NL West is just awesome. The others are great too but the fact that there are 3 teams all within a game and a half is just awesome. I agree with you Reef; the MLB needs to sell their product better. These races are intense and so much fun to watch.

I think these analysts are asses. This series is important. Yeah so they both are going to the playoffs, but what about home field? That could be very important for these two clubs. I actually hope both teams beat up on each other and the Twins continue to win and they can somehow sneak in there for home field.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    I think these analysts are asses.
    Key part of the word is anal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Key part of the word is anal.
    exactly

MLB ERA

Been an awesome series so far. Can't wait to watch the game tonight. Golsons' throw last night was unreal. Gonna be a fun game to watch tonight.

Rookie ERA

Everyone here was blaming CC........I said now, hold the phone........give credit where credit is due...the kid in RF made a hell of a throw!! They're like............WHA?????? Stupid ass bandwagoners!

Maddon said, with what that games mean against the Yankees right now he would not have changed the play to send Crawford.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If this series means nothing at the moment, I can't wait to see what the play is like when it means something.
    They are already playing with a lot of emotion, and making moves to win it when it matters.

Big win for the rays to move back on top by a half game. I really think this is going to go back and forth till the end of the season.

Rookie ERA

We got to play 4 up there next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    We got to play 4 up there next week!
    That will be an exciting series.